Author Topic: Kelley Bees Thanksgiving sale  (Read 4972 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Kelley Bees Thanksgiving sale
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:34:03 am »
I received an email from Kelley Bees regarding their Thanksgiving sale.  The sale runs Nov. 1-30th.  They are featuring 15% off all online sales, even if shipping is free. There is no minimum order but queens and packaged bees are excluded.  Enter the promo code KTHANKS at the checkout. www.kelleybees.com
Now, we'll wait and see who else is offering sales.  There are usually more. ;D

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
Re: Kelley Bees Thanksgiving sale
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:56:26 am »
Thanks!  Today is the last day of Shastinabeegirls.com free shipping offer too.
Lee_Burough

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 10:08:29 am »
Anyone know if any suppliers offer free shipping on the honey bear bottles. Mann Lake won't, and even charges shipping now for bringing them in there truck to state beekeeping meetings, or any other bee related meetings, but all other bee supplies are free shipping??? Jack

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 07:05:44 pm »
Anyone know if any suppliers offer free shipping on the honey bear bottles. Mann Lake won't, and even charges shipping now for bringing them in there truck to state beekeeping meetings, or any other bee related meetings, but all other bee supplies are free shipping??? Jack

Jack, no free shipping, but Brushy Mountain had the bears on clearance.  I saw them today.  They had 8 and 12 oz, ten in a package.  Lids weren't included.  You might check them out.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 07:58:05 pm »
Add Glorybee to the list of November sales.  They sent a PDF file with their sale items.  I guess you will have to get on their email list to received the file.  I don't know how to make that accessible to this forum.  I noticed they have free shipping for purchases over $150.  Glorybee has some bee keeping equipment, a lot of candle and soap making plus food.  www.glorybee.com

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 09:06:07 pm »
glory bee has a lot of great stuff....

bakers, you can upload the pdf file to post here.  create another post, at the bottom left of the reply box you will see 'Attachments and other options'.
click on that, it opens, you can browse your pc for the pdf file, open it, and upload it here.  it has a 2000 kb limit, so if it is larger than that, the file will have to be compressed to upload.....
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 07:06:53 am »
Thanks riverbee. 
Here's the Glorybee sale flyer.  I found if you put the product number in the search box, at Glorybee's website, you get a quick view of the product.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 09:28:41 am »
Yes, i can order small amounts of the bears (by the dozens), it's the big boxes of 250 bears (12oz and 24oz) where the problem is. It's not the weight it's the bulk (the size of the box). For years they would send there trucks to state bee meetings and other bee related seminars (still do) and i would order the big boxes of bears and other bee supplies and i would pick them up there or a club member who was there got them for me to save the shipping cost. Mann Lake told me they down sized there truck and no longer give free shipping for the big boxes. The shipping cost is 1/3 or 1/2 ? the cost of the product. I guess they don't make enough off the bears to justify hauling them?? Jack

Offline Beeboy

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 10:01:45 am »
I bought some bears from Dadant & they didn't have seals on the lids. So if they tip over they leak. I know, I have honey all over the passenger floor board of my truck. I won't be ordering them again, & probably won't ever order from Dadant again.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »
thanks bakers for the flyer!

jack, i don't know of anyone who ships containers without charging shipping. 

beeboy, you can order different lids for these....and lids that seal.....not sure, but should be offered in the sale as to the choice of lid when you order?
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 10:50:15 am »
I bought some bears from Dadant & they didn't have seals on the lids. So if they tip over they leak. I know, I have honey all over the passenger floor board of my truck. I won't be ordering them again, & probably won't ever order from Dadant again.
I recently got some bears (8 and 12 oz) from Brushy Mtn. that were on clearance.  They didn't come with lids, but recommended flip top lids that fit the bears.  Those lids were about .12 each, I think and they did have the seals inside them.  The lids worked very well.
Sorry about your truck floor.  What a mess!

Offline beewaalla

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 04:00:18 am »
Hi. I also received an email from BeeAttire Christmas 30 % Discount Going on www.beeattire.com you can use coupon " BIGXMAS" While checking out.