Author Topic: I am still alive!  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Les

• Gold Member
I am still alive!
« on: December 16, 2018, 01:59:39 pm »
Hi Folks,
Don’t know where the days and time went. I haven’t checked in for quite some time.  I do know that since the day after Thanksgiving I have been dealing with my husband since he decided to fall off or should I say onto a ladder and I am to blame, well sort off.  I asked he and my nephew to take down the Christmas decorations from the attic.  The entrance to our attic is in the garage.  Nephew did not see the fall but heard it and ran thru the attic to see Ken unconscious on the floor.  Nephew had to figure out a way to get down from the attic as the ladder went with Ken.  End result was three fractured ribs, collapsed lung and stitches to the head. He was so, so lucky as it could have been much worse.  Ken is 75 but thank goodness he does work out at the gym so he is in much better shape than most 75 yo’s but the healing will take time.  I think this house is cursed, we have had so many injuries since we moved in.
Thankfully we had the bees all settled in for the winter.  We moved them to our back patio where they will be shielded from the north wind and also receive some solar benefit (if we ever see the sun). The girls were a challenge this year.  They were mean and drove us into the house often.  Requeened two of the hives so hopefully next year they will be easier to work with. They love the pond we put in and are continually on the trickles of water that cascade down.   Not a huge honey pull but enough to satisfy friends. Final tally for the season was four hives standing.  Yesterday was a great day for cleansing flights and removing the deceased.
Can’t wait for Spring!

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: I am still alive!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:26:41 pm »
Good Grief, Les!
I am happy he is recovering!
Stay well.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:56:18 pm »
Thanks for the update!  I hope you find time to do everything you required of you in these times.  :)
Lee_Burough

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 12:41:02 am »
Great to hear from you Les. God bless your husband with a rapid and complete healing. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:06:02 am »
Time to clean everything out of the attic. At 75, 3 steps up a 6 Ft latter is all that one should be climbing. Glad to hear that he will be OK after all the cracked bones have healed.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 08:48:20 am »
The attic is getting cleaned out.....no more ladders for him.