Author Topic: OLD video  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
OLD video
« on: March 11, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »
So I was looking for something from my old days in paintball for LazyBkpr and came across this...
I'm not telling where I am , but can be found at least twice :)

Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: OLD video
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:49:30 pm »
AWW, that ain't fair. You should be allowed face masks, gym shorts, tennis shoes, and nothing else. Then you could create some excitement.   :yes: :yes: :D
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:14 pm »
On hot summer practices we would play in exactly that... shoes, shorts and a mask.
the clothing doesn't really make much difference in terms of welts when you are getting bunkered from 5 ft away :o
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 10:57:20 pm »
wow, dont know how I would have done in an arena like that...  We always played deep in the Maine woods somewhere..

The first paintball I ever fired hit my Nephew right in the forehead..
   We rented a paintball area, already set up, In the woods naturally...  My wife and I took our kids, and all their friends.. so there was about 40 kids.. we each picked 20 or so, my wife took her team and went to the other end.. couldnt see them through the trees and brush..  I set up my team..  I watched the ENEMY coming through the trees, simply walking down the trail..  SO I lifted my gun, adjusted  a bit for windage, and adjusted a bit more, havint never EVER fired a paintball, and I pulled the trigger..  I SAW the paintball gracefully arc through the air, and POP right in the forehead.. thankfully he had a mask on, but it still flattened him...
    So now, paintballs are flying EVERYWHERE with 39 kids all firing....
   I am half in the open, no paintball has come closer than a yard.. when one of the kids BEHIND me yells... I'm out!
   I turned around, and yep, Paint on his shirt..  How the heck dod he get hit Behind me?  I see my daughter behind a bunker about 75 yards away..  I know the shot had to come from that area somewhere, so I jump up, and take off running...   Paintballs splatter the trees around me, the ground, the branches, but none hit me as I sprint the distance...  there is a brush pile between me and the daughter, so I leap over it running full speed...
   In mid leap, I am about 4 feet off the ground, and I see her....  My wife, about ten feet in front of my daughter behind a BIG tree....  as I jump upward, too late to stop, she lifts her gun...  and fires three times....    All three paintballs hit me in the chest at a range of about 15 feet....  I land among the leaves, flat on my back, and slide to a stop at her feet...  she is still pointing the paintball gun at me... she lifts her mask, with a BIG grin, and says.. Oh.. my god I have DREAMT of doing that!
   My daughter stands up and lifts her hands...  "Oh hades no, I'm out!"

True story of the fist time I ever held a Paintball gun.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »
great story! 
Henry David Thoreau

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:43:32 am »
Z that looks pretty intense.

Never done the paintball games, looks fun though.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 08:56:13 am »
The adrenaline rush is what gets me.  only thing I've found to match is skydiving.  Can't quite talk myself into bungee jumping... seems too much like suicide  :o
Henry David Thoreau