Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 9591 times)

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
Introductions
« on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:23 pm »

This picture is taken when I brought home a companion for the rocky mountain mare we had bought earlier. She was alone and pining for company so I picked up this little miniature gelding. He got into trouble for fighting with the dogs and generally being a little ship disturber. Had been gelded proud and thought he was still whole.

My wife and I each had one of them on a lead rope and everything was looking ducky but about 5 seconds after this picture was taking all of Hades let out for lunch.  Bared teeth and feet and fur flying!  Hazel was not going to be bossed by a little pipsqueak like that and Peanut was determined to make her his! She took strips off him for quite a while before he decided that she was one he might not win.

They are buds now but occasionally we hear a few squeals and a bit of commotion. Maybe when she comes in heat or maybe one just made a face at the other! ::)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:39:39 pm by Crofter »
Frank

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 04:25:13 pm »
haha some folks don't realize how brutal a horse or pony can be. A buddy of mine got horse bit on the shoulder and picked up off of the ground, hurt him pretty good too. Another buddy of mine got kicked in the face, lost some teeth, broke jaw, broke cheek bone.......he hung that pair on the fence LOL.

Yep animals always do better in pairs.
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.