Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Pests and Diseases / Re: Beetle Banisher
« Last post by apisbees on Today at 03:26:24 AM »
Make your own. Cut to size, 10 covers per sheet. Heat in a oven about 275 deg. F. clamp in mold and vacuum the air out to form it into the mold. need a good vacuum pump, a shop vac will not work.
or Cut it flush and square, silicon it on top of a wood frame and place it on top. this way you could get 12 covers per sheet. I wonder it the Plexi would give a green house effect and melt the wax or cook the bees out of the hive.

http://www.eplastics.com/plexiglass-acrylic-sheet-transparent-colors

Gloss
Transparent
0.125" x 48" x 96" 2423 red plexiglass acrylic sheet paper masked

Plexiglass Sheets Colored Transparent
Transparent acrylic is a versatile plastic material that has great impact strength while maintaining its light weight. Transparent colors offer light transmission through the material enabling it to act as a colored or tinted window. This acrylic (also known as transparent plexiglass) is very easy to work with for projects that require fabrication.

The ePlastics® online store offers up a wide array of transparent colored plexiglass sheets. Standard tinted colors include bronze and gray solar control shades, red, green, yellow, amber, and blue. Transparent colored acrylic is tinted, meaning you can see completely through like sunglasses or tinted windows in automobiles. If you are not sure which color to use in your application, you can compare the differences with our samples shown here.

We cut to size all acrylic sheets we sell, which saves on shipping costs since it offers a more economical means of packaging. The chart below shows standard sizing increments and conversions for acrylic sheets.

Quantity
Price each
1 – 2     $134.09
3 – 9    $117.02
10 – 19   $103.62
20 – 29   $98.13
30 – 49   $92.64
50 +    $83.50
Any and Every Thing / Re: Off the grid
« Last post by apisbees on Today at 02:59:37 AM »
Even works in Canada.
Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees / Re: How to do a trap out
« Last post by apisbees on Today at 02:55:25 AM »
Does photo bucket still give people access to their own photos that people have uploaded to their site with out a subscription?
That is the problem with the marketing of the system. It is not a flow hive but only a flow frames in a flow super. The Colony is just a standard hive, that needs to be ran like any other hive for 47 months of the year, Maybe more. At the Flow people price they are a great novelty item, at the Chinese knock off price they almost makes sense. If managed properly the less equipment needed, the value of honey used by the bees in wax production to draw out foundation and the cost of extraction equipment. You could get away with less lifting of heave supers, less sticky mess in the house, very little cleanup, little wax moth and hive beetle damage. I do think it is gimmick beekeeping but not a totally bad gimmick.
« Last post by Jen on Today at 01:53:22 AM »
Me three  ;)
« Last post by Lburou on Today at 12:02:59 AM »
Strange, I can play them when I click the link.
Me too.  :)
Honey, Bee Forage; Nectar & Pollen Sources / Re: Pollen Color Chart
« Last post by neillsayers on Yesterday at 11:07:49 PM »
I didn't buy it. Just copied and pasted it as a jpeg if memory serves. It would be nice to help support the work they have done. At the time I was poorer than a church mouse. Now its more like a cathedral mouse. :)
Bee News / Re: Bee Migration ~ ABC News
« Last post by Jen on Yesterday at 10:59:03 PM »
Good vid! Enjoyable. I have tried to get a bee or two out of my long hair without injuring it, so far I have not been successful. I even had a bee in my hair, unknowingly, while in the grocery store until it started to pipe up and get mad... hated to do it, but had to squish her  :sad:
Honey, Bee Forage; Nectar & Pollen Sources / Re: Pollen Color Chart
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Yesterday at 10:55:41 PM »
I have copies of these and use them often-very helpful.
Neil, are they worth purchasing or can someone just stick to the online version?
« Last post by Some Day on Yesterday at 10:25:45 PM »
Strange, I can play them when I click the link.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10