Author Topic: Apple Day in Tunas, Missouri  (Read 3949 times)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Apple Day in Tunas, Missouri
« on: October 04, 2018, 10:06:17 am »
Apple days are Oct. 26, 27, in Tunas, Mo. They are in Hug shipping crates on the parking lot and they furnish containers that you can put the apples you select in and they have little wagons you can pull around to put your apples in. Jack
The following users thanked this post: Perry

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Apples
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 12:10:42 am »
For Apple lovers close to mid- Missouri,  the Tunas, Missouri Apple sales is the 26th and 27th of Oct. 2018. There will be several big shipping crates full of different varieties of Apples, like  Honey Crisp, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Johnathan, , ect. and many more ! They have container bags and pull wagons for you to go from one apple crate to the other. Last year the prices was either 0.27 cents a pound or 0.29 cents a pound for any variety of apple. Jack

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Apples
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:39:05 pm »
I feel sorry for all you that have to go buy apples I just have to pick them off the tree. More are left on the trees to drop on the ground for the bears to eat than get picked.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Apples
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 06:22:27 am »
Jack, are the blemished or seconds?  I have been telling my sister about your post.  She's interested.  I can't go.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Re: Apple Day in Tunas, Missouri
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 11:51:40 am »
B13, i don't know but, they look like the ones you buy at the super markets to me? Some get damaged in shipping/hauling ? but you pick out the apples you want. The price this year is going to be .36 cents a pound, This is a Mennonite store called Dutch Market, 417-993-3017. They will have Honeycrisp, Red&Yellow Del.,Johnathon, Cortland, Jonagold, Meintosh, Fyji, Empire, & Granny Smith, apples.
The following users thanked this post: Bakersdozen

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Re: Apple Day in Tunas, Missouri
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2018, 04:52:40 pm »
Apple days was a big hit today, lots of apples and people. Looks like i will be eating apples in every which way they can be fixed for sometime now? My wife bought only Honey crisp, Jonagold, and Fugi apples But, we ended up with 102 lbs. total at a cost of $38.00 including tax.Seen several people we knew and i was wondering if B13's sister was in the crowd ? Maybe we will get to meet some of this Forum members there one day? Remind me of when i was a youngster seeing all the horse and buggy's with Ma and Pa with all their children riding in the back of the Buckboard and all of them eating apples and had big bags full of apples going home by real horse power. :yes: You had to watch out for them on the road driving ! Sometimes when you top a hill and start down they will be right in front of you :o They are good people and i have helped several of them that wanted some Bee Hives :) Jack