Author Topic: PERSONAL TRAINERS  (Read 1766 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
PERSONAL TRAINERS
« on: April 11, 2018, 11:14:58 pm »

........ :D

i recently started using a personal trainer a couple months ago (wish i had started sooner) to help me strengthen my legs after having total hip replacements. i have been struggling with flexibility and strength since the replacements. with all the physical therapy, it wasn't enough. i was getting frustrated.

lol, he didn't make me get on a scale. well at least not yet....... :D
love the guy and we hit it off right away. he's norwegian, i'm irish........ :D
like me he suffered from a ruptured appendix and subsequent infections, and some very funny stories about relatives in montana and a very funny fly fishing story (made him get up a 2:00 a.m to go fishing) and animated description of the morning of his fishing experience.

the guy has worked for the minnesota twins and the phillies. we yammer about baseball (he's a twins fan, me a brewers fan)and hockey. he kicks my butt with the weight bearing training he has me on, but as sore as i am, i sure already notice a difference, and sure has helped.

anyone use a personal trainer? most of us probably don't. better than physical therapy!
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: PERSONAL TRAINERS
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 06:24:55 pm »
  I had a personal trainer for a very short time.  Like you, we really hit it off. She was funny and STRONG (very well built)  I also noticed a big difference in my energy levels and the AMOUNT of work I was willing to put in. I was making incredible strides, but always came home half DEAD...  until my wife came to check on me and the personal trainer... she happened to be spotting me at the bench press at that moment....    Yeah, she made me fire my personal trainer.... 

8)
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:55:23 pm »
thanks scott! what did you use a personal trainer for?

yesterday my trainer introduced me to THE TABLE.....lay on your back, lay on your stomach....... and stretching............well, he did the stretching........... :D

oh my stars......lots of non disney language and how bad some of the muscles are, primarily the quads and hip flexors, okay gluts....
these are the muscle groups most affected by lateral hip surgery.  he told me the room was soundproofed, made me laugh......... :D

said he never sent anyone to the hospital but i said well, i can send myself to the hospital all by myself just fine without his help....... :D

once off the table, it felt as if a doc had shot steroids in those muscles!
not as sore and tight as they have been. i do stretches everyday, but whatever he did, was sorta incredible.
i was cruising around today in less muscular discomfort!

he's a good lookin fellar, great personality.......what counts for me is his expertise, and he ain't getting fired!
mr rb has asked about him, had to look up his profile on the net.......lol, ............. :D

Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 09:05:18 am »
what did I use my personal trainer for?

Eye candy?   :laugh:
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 12:48:11 am »
go figure........... :D
Forum Sponsor