Author Topic: Costly spring break  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Costly spring break
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:09:17 am »
This has been an expensive spring break week.  Did I go to the beach or snow skiing?  NO.  First day of spring break the water pump went out on my truck.  It happens.  The truck hasn't cost me anything in repairs since I bought it used.  The inconvenience was harder on my husband who had to shuffle me back and forth to Lawrence, KS for state and local bee club activities that were paid for well in advance.
Last Monday brought sunshine and temps in the 50's.  It was a great opportunity to do some hive inspections!  Hoping to take pictures of good looking brood patterns, I stuck my phone in my bee suit pocket.  I was in mud up to my ankles and the suit was caked in mud.  I decided to wash my suit and went straight in the house and put it in the clothes washer.  You know where this is going, right?  Drowning is a terrible way to die.   :o  I realized my phone was in the clothes washer as the cycle was finishing.  All attempts to resuscitate failed.  I now have a new "waterproof" phone.  Are they ever completely waterproof?

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Costly spring break
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 03:34:10 pm »
B13,

I hear you. Some days it feels like everything is uphill. Just plow on through and the downside is coming. :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a