Author Topic: Mead  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Mead
« on: September 13, 2014, 06:46:58 pm »
Alright, just to preface this, I am not a booze hound!  :D
My good friend with the ZZ Top beard Volker, just made some more of his delicious mead. I got a case of raspberry, some apple, and 1 bottle of a grape mead.

Me and another fellow I met, Ian that works at L'Acadie Vineyards, made some of our own, both apple and raspberry (hoping to match Volker's stuff) but it's just not the same. Everyone we have gifted some to as long as they promised to give us feedback is raving about it though.

Methinks some folks are gonna really like their Christmas basckets this year.  :D
That, and anyone of my forum friends that happens to find themselves in the neighbourhood.  ;)
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Mead
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 10:26:34 pm »
    Almost worth a ride to go see you!!
   Thats the stuff you stockpile and guard with an alarm system!   Even my rocket fuel mead began vanishing..  At about a year and a half old it was certainly drinkable, the aftertaste was still mildly noticeable.. Then I realized I had gone from about twenty bottles to nine...     I asked my daughter if she had been running off with it..
   " You said it sucked so I was doing you a favor by getting rid of it right?"
   "No, I said it sucked at the time and needed to AGE A LITTLE!"

Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Mead
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 10:35:49 pm »
LOL  :D

Whaaaaat?......  I would sail right over there and get a bottle in a NY minute.... but my ship hasn't come in yet.... tap tap tap  :D
There Is Peace In The Queendom