Author Topic: Got my new pup  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Got my new pup
« on: May 23, 2016, 09:10:29 am »
Several months ago I mentioned I wish my lily had a play mate, another dog to keep her company in the kennel pen.

I come in during deer season and find Kare on her lap top looking at puppy pictures. I ask her what she is doing and she says looking for a playmate for Lily. I tell her that I have criteria, a female, no needle teeth and a hunting breed. My first two hunting dogs were Brittney’s loved them both but for some reason I think about 1970 the breeders decided they should have docked tails, My brother had a Springer Spaniel in the 1970 one of the very best hunting dogs I have had the pleasure to hunt behind and got one of my one a few years later, who was good but not like my brothers. Today the breeders are also docking their tails so NO to springer's.
Monday last week the 14 I got a E mail from a friend in N Dakota he had been offered a 18 month old Llewellyn, spayed and chipped a sister to one of his. I call the breeder in Missouri and am told that I have a fellow ahead of me wanting her but had to talk to others first. I was excited and hoping I could get her but when I was told her name was LILLY I was sure it was not meant to be even though I was ready to work around the name problem.  I call my Lily, baby girl most of the time anyway. Tuesday morning we find out we were not going to get her.
Kare is back on her lap top searching for a dog for me. Older dogs she was finding were males, or females over 6 years old.  On a Thursday afternoon she shows me two litters of Setters and one had a Female left only about 35 miles from us. Yes they are puppies with needle teeth but sometimes you have to lower your wants. We make an appointment to go see her on Saturday afternoon, Get there and it is 39F outside and 28F wind chill. The little girl was handed to Kare and taken out side to allow her to roam in the yard go potty and allow us to see her colors in the light. She was born on Ash Wednesday during a snow storm when we got 11 inches of snow yet she had her little nose to the ground and casting back and forth across the lawn and searched every nook and cranny in the rock wall too.
OK she has needle teeth but when she clamped on my thumb she was very soft mouthed. Also you’re a better man than me if you had decided to take a puppy and could resist a wiggling bit of fur that looked really good to me. She is a Ryman style English Setter from good blood lines. She will not be ready to come home till about April 9th.

From the Saturday we went to see her.

Day after we picker her up.

We named her Stormy. It was a snow storm the day she was born, Unseasonably cold the day we went to see her and the day we went to get her it rained all day.

I took more pictures of her Friday after her vet visit but she was all excited as she has not seen me for a month. I have not uploaded them yet so may be really fuzzy.

;D  Al 
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Got my new pup
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 11:46:15 am »
Fridays pictures. 14 weeks and 16.6 pounds.

;D  Al

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 12:03:21 pm »
Well Alley! Just look how this beautiful pup blends in with your well groomed beard! Match made in heaven if you ask me  ;)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:10:31 am »
I'm thinking that pup doesnt know how good a life it just received!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 09:21:06 pm »
Nothing sweeter than a new pup.

May I always strive to be the good person my hound thinks I am!
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 11:05:05 pm »
Aaahhh!  Heart melting here!

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2016, 07:19:37 am »
To me nothing as pretty as a speckled pup.
Yes Kare knows how I feel too.

;D  Al

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 08:24:18 am »
My Little darling is now 23 weeks old and weighed 22.7 pounds 3 weeks ago at her last visit to the vet. She has another visit tomorrow for another shot to protect her from Lyme disease. She will have one more after this one in about another 3 weeks.
She was trained by Kare to set and stay till Kare put her food dish down and then released her to eat. She really gets to drooling and it just runs out. Yes she had made a mess of the papers in her pen. Kare was cleaning them up and reducing the amount needed now that she knows to use the papers when locked in for the night.

Just back from her morning walk/run.

;D  Al

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 09:38:26 am »
She is growing fast. thanks for the update.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 02:21:25 pm »
I love her spotted legs and face. Beautiful
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Michelle

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 04:05:25 pm »
she is so beautiful! O:-)
“One can no more approach people without love than one can approach bees without care. Such is the quality of bees...”
― Leo Tolstoy

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2016, 04:18:03 am »
Yes she is growing fast.

;D  Al