Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Welcome / Re: Ross Rounds
« Last post by Bakersdozen on May 25, 2024, 09:20:11 pm »
I like what iddee said about pulling any ross rounds as they become capped and freezing.  Keep your comb honey frames on top so the bees don't walk all over the wax constantly.  That will keep the comb looking much nicer.
Welcome / Re: Ross Rounds
« Last post by iddee on May 25, 2024, 05:08:38 pm »
I would check them weekly and pull each frame as it fills and freeze it. Replace it with a partial from another hive or an empty. I would also remove any other honey supers and only leave the brood boxes an ross box.
Welcome / Ross Rounds
« Last post by Point Harbor Bee on May 25, 2024, 01:14:18 pm »
I have Ross Rounds. Placed them on top of 2 Supers. How do I know hen the Ross rounds are full and how long does it take. All advise is welcome.
Laugh A Little / I'm old
« Last post by iddee on May 17, 2024, 01:20:48 pm »

Thanks, iddee.  I am doing a presentation at a Senior Living Center on Monday, World Bee Day. This aspect is part of my presentation. Will it have much effect considering the group I am talking to? Probably not, but it has to start somewhere. Even older people can have a hanging basket that offers a nectar or pollen source. Also, there might be a nurse's aide or orderly attending that can make a difference. I am also going to talk about how beekeeping has changed since WWII and milestones in beekeeping.
Any and Every Thing / Pony Express
« Last post by Bakersdozen on May 15, 2024, 11:40:07 am »
I didn't realize that once a year the National Pony Express Association re-rides from St. Joe, MO to Sacramento. People are welcome to go see the riders at old Pony Express stops or follow along on an interactive map. There will be GPS tracking devices on the horses and riders so that they can be followed.  The ride starts on 6/17/24 at 1:00 pm CST. https://nationalponyexpress.org/re-ride/follow-the-ride/
https://www.newsbreak.com/kansas-state/3440991833886-pony-express-riders-will-travel-through-kansas-again
Honey, Bee Forage; Nectar & Pollen Sources / Re: What blooms where and when
« Last post by Bakersdozen on May 13, 2024, 09:37:41 am »
66061: Honey locust, pollen source 5/11/24
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10