Author Topic: Favorite Smart Phone App  (Read 15021 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Favorite Smart Phone App
« on: November 23, 2015, 07:51:59 pm »
Favorite smart phone app this thread is from the recent smart phone talk that has been an the forum lately. Whats your favorite apps you could not do with out on your smart phone..
My first is Conversion Master. - An app that can convert between different units. Weight From Kg to Lb. Volume Liters to gallons to gallons US Canadian. Temperature F. to C. Any unit you can think of it is built in to convert.
Shazam. - Want to know the name and artist to that song that is playing on the radio, in a shop? press a button and the song is recorded and analyzed and checked against a data bass and the song artist and links to other information is provided to you.
I don't care for the browsers that are preinstalled on the phones, To restrictive. One I have found and like is UC Browser. a great internet browser plus many more built in options for file management.
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?poi=2124&adpos=1s1&ul_noapp=true&geo_id=34636&MT_ID=16&crlp=67688941454_377&keyword=obd+ii+bluetooth&rlsatarget=kwd-2991041514&_sacat=0&_nkw=obd+ii+bluetooth&device=c&crdt=0&treatment_id=7&clk_rvr_id=936209252152
And the torque app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torquefree&hl=en

Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Favorite Smart Phone App
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 03:21:59 am »
For several years I have said that if a cell phone had a mirror attached to it, that is all women would need in one little package.  Well, the camera lens is reversible and you can view yourself.  That works well as a mirror.
I find the flash light feature priceless and I enjoy iHeart Radio at work as the reception is very limited.  It's even worse this time of year because some radio stations started playing Christmas music at Halloween.

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 03:18:56 pm »
Check out the FREE Bee Health app from Canada.  here.

A VERY good help in your bee yard!  :-)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 03:20:34 pm by Lburou »
Lee_Burough

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 10:02:07 pm »
Love that radar now app loops the last hour to help you know at your location when bad weather is coming or going. It has helped keep me dry a lot.

Online Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2023, 11:40:26 am »
Time to refresh this discussion!  Since the original posting of this thread, in 2015, there have been some additions to the list of beekeeping apps.
Let's ask the question again.  What Smart Phone App are you using and what do you think about it?  Pros and Cons?  Is the App your using only available for Apple products?  Is the App your using free?

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 07:14:54 pm »
Funny, some of the things the OP listed aren't even apps anymore, they are just things all phones automatically do.  :D

I don't use any apps for beekeeping, since my note-taking is pretty in depth and I only have one yard which is at my house.  My favorite app though is Ambient Mixer.  It's an app where people can create ambient soundscapes from recorded sounds.  It's free to listen and edit soundscapes, but you have to pay to create.  I use it when I'm reading or working in a loud space to help me concentrate, or to help me sleep when my teenage sisters are being loud in their room at all hours of the night (their room is next to mine).   

I also like to meditate, and my favorite mediation app is Smiling Mind, a mindfulness app from Australia which is free. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.
The following users thanked this post: Bakersdozen