Author Topic: Pollinator Week local event  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Pollinator Week local event
« on: June 25, 2022, 10:48:12 am »
Pollinator week is wrapping up.  Our local Master Naturalists host an annual event to celebrate.  Various groups and organizations that promote pollinators, nature, or healthy activities participated in this year's event.  400 were in attendance despite morning showers.  A local wildlife center brings several rehabilitated birds and explain what to do if you find an injured bird or animal.  Native bees are represented.  Children got to make seed bombs and milkweed was given away. The library has fun games for kids to play like cornhole.  Butterflies and Monarchs are represented plus a lot more.  I represented the local bee club and got to use my observation hive for the first time.  My scholarship student and her mother were with me.  I asked my student to answer questions and talk about the observation hive to everyone.  She was proudly telling people all of the various things that could be found on the frame.  I heard many kids, in awe, say to her "Wow!  Your a beekeeper!"  Pretty cool day.

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Pollinator Week local event
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 07:51:13 pm »
Very cool bakers!  Thanks for sharing!
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: Pollinator Week local event
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 07:52:46 pm »
Sounds like it was a fun day!  :bee:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.