Author Topic: Crazy old woman.  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

Crazy old woman.
« on: September 17, 2019, 09:46:30 am »
Sept 2018 we closed on a 10 acre parcel next to our home.
Our hoime place bounds it on the north and a crazy old womans horse farm bounds it on the south.

Orginal owner was vage on where the property line really should be so we decided to spend the money and have it surveyed.

Ruffly where the line would be since we could measure from our south line is really heavy with Autum olive. It was thick and hard to get thru so I decided to do a rough clearing going by our measurement and where the horse pasture fence is.

It's fall and the soil is damp, use the bucket on the 4x4 Kubota to push on the tops so the roots start to come out of the ground. Then push on the roots so they finish coming out and move them off to a pile.

Crazy old woman comes out and asked me what I am doing. I tell her we have bought the place and have a surveyor coming to mark the line. I want to clear it so it is easier foir them although today they do not use a chain and transit, they use GPS and only need a clear view of the sky.

Crazy old woman says for me to push all the stuff out because it stinks in the spring when in bloom. I my self like the smell and so do the honey bees.

So I was not at the road when I had to quit and life got in the way of me getting back to it the next day or the next few.     
She called the law and said I was way over on her property.

Now some one not crazy who had asked for all the autum olive be removed would have just been happy the stuff was removed even if the person doing the removal was way off the line.

Any way the cop told me she was up set I was so far over the line. So I told the ccop I was close enough to the road the surveyors could do their job and I would not cross the line they laid out.

The place finally got surveyed a couple months after we were told they would be here. They did stakes with flags to mark the line. I took T post and a 6 inch block of wood and marked inside the stakes and drove the T post.

Then just after new years Kare and I started driving T post for our fence. There are a few big trees that will cause a problem when rolling out the woven wire fence, so i start falling them and cutting then up for fire wood.

I am doing one a Ash tree and had just finished uo and the crazy old woman comes up and wants to know when I am going to clean up the Autumn brush pile on her place. I tell her I not doing any thing with it. she should wait till winter and put a match to it.
She said I made th epile and I should do some thing with it.

I tell her again I am not going to do any thing with it since she called the law about me being over there before I was finished.
I expect the law to come and talk with me soon but they can't make me tresspass to get rid of HER brush.

:D      Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
Re: Crazy old woman.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 12:52:30 am »
Wow, good luck with that neighbor! :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline Alleyyooper

Re: Crazy old woman.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 07:48:06 pm »
I think I will need it. Luck that is.

:D   Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.