Author Topic: Deals Lost.  (Read 4131 times)

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Deals Lost.
« on: September 20, 2017, 03:28:27 pm »
Missed a sweet deal.
Actuality let another beekeeper have it.
Was volunteering at the Salmon Arm fair booth and a guy came up and had just bought a house and the previous owners had left the bees and equipment there. a guy up the road came and took the bees off his hands but he had some other equipment. Extractors and other things he didn't know what they were. Both the guy I was working with and I took down his number and I gave him a week to contact him and if he didn't I would. He went and seen it and picked it all up. He didn't know what some of it was but took it all any way.
4 frame galvanized extractor with flip baskets for easy reversing with out removing the frames.
10 deep 20 shallow Radial SS extractor.
Frame uncapping tray with mesh under one end for cappings to drain with a sloped bottom so honey flows out and is long enough to hold the uncapped frames for the next load.
A water jacketed sump tank with a baffle and heat element.
He offered him $100.00 and he took it. I would have offered him at least $500.00 any less and I would feel guilty of ripping him off.
His wife wanted to keep all the near new supers. she was using some as nesting boxes for her chickens and want to use the others for stacking shelves.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Deals Lost.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:40:43 pm »
Drat and Double Drat!
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:30:36 pm »
 :o :o :o
I just sold a 10/20 extractor for $1250, and there is a fairly new Maxant sump/clarifier for sale here on kijiji for $1400.
Someone got a deal of a lifetime.
You're too nice (to a fault) Apis!  ;D
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 03:27:05 pm »
He knew he had 2 extractors I was tempted to offer him $200 on the spot. sight unseen. By his description I figured one was a radial and stainless steel as he had said one was larger around and shiner than the other.
I know If i ever needed to use it I could so... and he will end up doing custom extraction for others in the area, that is the kind of guy he is. He is mentor to the 4H hog kids as will as director to the hog division at the Armstrong Fair.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.