Sustainable Living > Farm Livestock

The old VS the new.

(1/3) > >>

iddee:
[youtube:1pcer7jn][/youtube:1pcer7jn]

Perry:
I went to a Monster truck rally and pull years ago in the Edmonton Coliseum (home of the Edmonton Oilers).
There were some of the wildest trucks, 4 x 4's, even a jet truck!
The funniest thing was when the jet truck was pulling the sled it got about halfway before it dug in, but it was right below the scoreboard/sound system! The exhaust on the jet engine was pointed straight up, so guess what happened? It blew it all to pieces!  ;D
At the end of the night the audience wanted the tractor that was pulling the sled back to the start position after all of the pulls, to move around to the front of the sled to give it a go. As soon as the chain tightened up they swung the weight to the front of the sled to maximize the weight. That old girl never broke a sweat and just pulled it the whole distance like it was a regular day in the field.  ;)

Riverrat:
when you hammer the weight down quick somethings going to stop and its usually the sled. :D

Crofter:
I wonder how much more the old girl weighed. I bet if you moved the show to softer ground it would play out a lot different.

I have seen vids of two trained sawyers on a race tricked out crosscut saw beat the time of a chain saw but that crosscut would be worth the price of about 3 of the chainsaws.

G3farms:
That JD was at a dis advantage from the get go.
1. hook heights were not equal, steamer had advantage.
2. slow and steady vs explosive hole shot, steamer again.
3. jd kept breaking traction, one more for the steamer

They don't call them traction engines for nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version