Beekeeping > General Beekeeping

Information/HOW TO USE AN EPINEPHRINE PEN

<< < (4/4)

Colobee:
Not so long ago I believed, as many do,  I should have an epi-pen "handy", both for myself and for anyone else who might go into anaphylactic shock.

Fortunately, the word seems to be spreading that it is a prescription device that is individually tailored and should be administered either before or after calling 911,  NOT instead!!! There are "generic" doses for children as well as small and large adults. Any dose needs to be followed up with IMMEDIATE medical attention ( like 911 & a hospital emergency room).

An epi-pen can be just as deadly as it is "life saving". Kudos to anyone who is educating others and everyone learning  both the benefits and dangers of epi-pens.

riverbee:
we are working with stinging insects that can cause anaphyhlaxis. i took it for granted it would never happen to me. it did. within 5 minutes one will know something is wrong.
epi injection,911, in whatever order. medical followup.  i don't think there is anyone who would administer an eppy and not seek medical attention? this would seem foolish to me?
correct, there are specific doses for children and adults.

dangers of epi pens? deadly as life saving? quite possibly. if one suffers from health issues that one is aware of that an eppy might affect your alternative health issue, however one's physician would be the one to look for advise on this, follow accordingly. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version