Sustainable Living > Recipes

Zucchini Bread

(1/2) > >>

Bakersdozen:
It's that time of year!  Some are overly blessed with zucchini.  My neighbor gave me 1 zucchini from their garden.  I have made 3 batches of this zucchini bread from the 1 zucchini!  It's really a really good and moist recipe.

Zucchini Bread
3 cups of flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups zucchini, shredded
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour 2 8x4 inch bread pans.
Beat eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.  Add dry ingredients and stir will.  Stir in shredded zucchini and nuts.  Pour into pans. Bake 40-60 minutes until bread tests done with a toothpick.  Cool then remove from pans.

The first time I made this I was short a couple of tablespoons of oil.  I added melted coconut oil to meet the one cup requirement.  I don't know if it made a difference, but I have continued to do the same to the other batches.  Maybe just superstition.   :D

Les:
Your recipe is similar to mine.  After a marathon baking day of 12 loaves, no one has blessed me with any more zucchini  :\'(
All the donors got a loaf from me, so they can't say I was ungrateful LOL.  Actually, I think most of the zucchini has gone by the by here in NYS.

riverbee:
love zucchini bread! we will have plenty to use for bread (love it fresh sliced and grilled). for the bread i use olive oil instead of vegetable oil.........mmmm, the cocunut oil i think would be great!

neillsayers:
My Sweet Wife is allergic to wheat and she recently made a pizza with zucchini crust. Sounds weird but it was delicious.

apisbees:
One of the classes at the fair is loaves made with honey and cupcakes or muffins made with honey. We added these classes to promote the use of honey in cooking. The point of this story time is I will be tasting some Zucchini loaves tomorrow. For the cooking with honey classes the prizes is honey 1Kg for first; 500g for 2nd; and 340g for 3rd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version