Beekeeping > The Trading Post

Flow Frames could make beekeeping Profitable Again.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lburou:

--- Quote ---
Wouldn't that set up a robbing frenzy?

--- End quote ---
It would at my house.  :)

apisbees:
I have seen them work.  John is giving me one this spring to use and play with. John is the guy from BC that had a testimonial on the first video before the crowd funding campaign began. If you buy the complete flow hive it comes with a queen excluder.  The cell size is drone brood size so you will not get worker brood but she will lay drones. like in any hive you need a surplus population of older worker bees that are nectar gatherers, to achieve this swarming must be kept under control. Pulling bees from a hive to control swarming is counter productive to having a hive with the maximum population for nectar gathering when the honey flow arrives.
My strategy for the flow hive this coming year is single deep brood box, queen excluder, flow super, and use the Demorie method of swarm control using a split Snelgrove board with a split super to raise 2 queen up on top. Basically taking 2 nucs from a hive but with out removing the bees from the hive.
Robbing is a condition of manipulation on a hive when there is a poor to no nectar flow. Draining frames while the flow is on the bees will be to buzzy to care. During a dearth using a hose and have it enter a container with a lid or saran-wrap will keep robbing from getting started.

Lburou:

--- Quote from: apisbees on November 30, 2017, 05:53:31 am ---...My strategy for the flow hive this coming year is single deep brood box, queen excluder, flow super, and use the Demorie method of swarm control using a split Snelgrove board with a split super to raise 2 queen up on top....

--- End quote ---
We will be interested to hear about your flow hive/frame experience Apis.  :)

neillsayers:
Tuned in! :)

Zweefer:
Late to the party, but also marked to follow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version