Author Topic: Darned tree branches and fence lines!  (Read 4117 times)

Offline Grandma Bear

Darned tree branches and fence lines!
« on: May 05, 2021, 12:32:38 pm »
We went out to check the cows, and double check fences on the other side of the land where we let the cattle summer. SO many branches down on the fence lines that my poor Stihl farmboss is going to be working double and triple time for a little bit now. Our neighbors to the north see no need to maintain their trees along the fence so we end up dealing with a lot of branches. I am completely shocked at how many hours the SIL and I are going to be out there this year though. I guess the upside is that we found several awesome places to hang swarm traps!

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Darned tree branches and fence lines!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 05:51:38 pm »
Send your neighbor a registered letter explaining the damage done by their trees. Tell them they need to remove all trees doing the damage yearly, or they will be billed for the damage next year and following. Then do it.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein
The following users thanked this post: Grandma Bear

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 08:30:56 am »
Thank you Iddee.  Here, the fence maintenance is required by the people who border it on both sides, outside of the city limits. In most places they DO have some requirements like Iddee said.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*
The following users thanked this post: Grandma Bear

Offline Grandma Bear

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 09:49:12 am »
We are going to look into the county ordinances about that and see what will be appropriate. Thanks so much for the help!

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 11:12:55 am »
Be more explicit, Lazy. I think you are liable for damage done by trees, or other possessions, that are on your land everywhere.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 09:17:17 pm »
Oh yes... if your trees hit the neighbors fence it IS your responsibility to repair the damage.. YOU can even charge a neighbor for HALF the regular/normal  maintenance of a fence that separates your property from theirs.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*