Sustainable Living > Recipes

What's Cookin'

<< < (23/59) > >>

The15thMember:
I've been totally slacking off on this thread lately.  I took some pictures for it, but we've been fishing a lot after supper so I never seem to have time to post them.  Here's some backlogged ones to satisfy everyone. 

Last week my little sister, who is becoming quite a cook lately, made lasagna soup, cucumber and tomato salad, and pepper biscuit pull-aparts. 

You know how some people do Christmas in July?  Well in our house we do Thanksgiving in July.  We feel like Thanksgiving dinner is just too economical and too good to have it only once a year, so some time around the middle of summer we always do a turkey.  We have smoked one in the past, but we just baked it like normal this year.  We also have the cornerstone sides of our Thanksgiving meal, but there are things like pumpkin roll/pie, creamed corn, and cranberry sauce that we don't have in the summer and are only saved for the real thing in November.

.30WCF:
My wife made salmon, squash casserole, potatoes,and a little left over corn.
Pretty good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bakersdozen:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on July 02, 2022, 08:39:17 pm ---My wife made salmon, squash casserole, potatoes,and a little left over corn.
Pretty good!!

--- End quote ---
I made salmon too! with roasted potatoes.

.30WCF:
Leftover squash casserole, and fresh sweet potato casserole with cube steak and gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: .30WCF on July 03, 2022, 07:16:43 pm ---Leftover squash casserole, and fresh sweet potato casserole with cube steak and gravy.

--- End quote ---
What's with the Thanksgiving sides, man?!   
My mom would call that chicken-fried steak.  She tried to make it once, but it was tough and not good.  Do you have a recipe for that, or are you just winging it?  Any tips? 

I'll do something a little different and post our brunch from this morning.  My mom always makes a big brunch on Sunday, and then we don't really eat lunch, just a snack and then a light supper.  This morning we had bacon, hotel style eggs, and strawberry cream cheese pastries with patriotic sprinkles.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version