Beekeeping > Pests and Diseases

Oxalic Acid 2022

<< < (2/5) > >>

LazyBkpr:
That you make? Pictures my good man!

RAST:
Look in the for sale on here, now $170.

LazyBkpr:
That looks like an excellent little rig...  I'd probably just shoot the vapor in the entrance instead of making a hole but it looks like it works! How is the longevity of it?

RAST:
I have been selling them for almost 4 years now with only 2 known failures out of a couple hundred.

Jen:
Oxalic Acid and mite resistance:

Anyone who posted on the HOPGAURD thread regarding Oxalic Acid, feel free to copy and paste that here on this post as well, if you want.

My OA story: I've been using Oxalic Acid for years now with continued success, never a problem. And when it comes to treating my hives, I am on it! and have never lost a hive to mites! Two summers ago, late in the season, my hives were unexpectedly bombed with mites, thousands of them! My first thought was that the OA wasn't doing it's job anymore. My bee friends said to move to Formic Pro and Apivar to get the mites out of there fast. I did Apivar and OA together and got those mites out of all of my hives, it took 6 weeks. Good news is my 5 hives made it thru the winter.

I just can't use Formic Pro, it's the less risky than MAQS, but it doesn't feel right for me. And I don't want to continue with Apivar and Hopgaurd either. I want to continue to use my fav which is OA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version