Author Topic: Pay attention, Officer!!  (Read 2871 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Pay attention, Officer!!
« on: November 08, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »
A French policeman stops the Englishman's car and asks if he has been drinking. 

With great difficulty, the Englishman admits that he has been drinking all day, that his daughter got married that morning, and that he drank champagne and a few bottles of wine at the reception, and many single malts scotches thereafter. 

Quite upset, the policeman proceeds to alcohol-test (breath test) the Englishman and verifies that he is indeed totally sloshed.

He asks the Englishman if he knows why, under French Law, he is going to be arrested. 

The Englishman answers with a bit of humour, 
"No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and that my wife is driving . . . . . on the other side?
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: Pay attention, Officer!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 01:44:20 am »
LOL
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:49:08 am »
Growing up, us kids would go hunting with our fathers and on the back roads he would let us drive allowing him more time to look for game off the road. My friend Tim was driving and the police pulled them over for driving so slow on the highway.He came up on the left side and asked for license, registration, If he had been drinking and why they were driving so slow? His father told the officer that it was 1938 army truck and they weren't made for speed. The officer was satisfied with all the answers and let them go on their way His dad looked over at Tim and told him to drive. IT was a British army truck. Right hand drive.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 04:36:02 pm »
Reminds me of the year I spent in England and had to get used to driving on the "wrong side " of the road.  Making a left turn was always a test of memory.  It just didn't feel right turning into the left lane.  And if that wasn't bad enough, when I drove my English car on trips through the European continent, it was doubly taxing to remember which lane to get into.....
And as if that wasn't bad enough, there was backing into a parking space ........sitting on the "wrong" side of the car, parking on the "wrong" side of the road.   How do the Brits continue to defy the rest of the world's driving standards?

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »
They were the ones that set the standard. It was the rest of the world that didn't follow. I think it was Henry Ford that deliberately changed the driving side so to eliminate the competition of imported British cars.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2015, 09:58:43 pm »
"The Englishman answers with a bit of humour,
"No sir, I do not! But while we're asking questions, do you realize that this is a British car and that my wife is driving . . . . . on the other side?"

.............. :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor