Author Topic: The Bee's spring  (Read 1350 times)

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
The Bee's spring
« on: December 16, 2019, 01:58:29 pm »
Saturday, December 21, is winter solstice for us, but it is the first day of spring for the bees.  As the days get longer, the queen will ramp up egg laying to get ready for the flowers. Your hive population will double to triple before the first flower blooms, so the food will go much faster. The consumption of winter stores will increase as the number of new mouths to feed increase. Starvation will be much more of a problem as the stores decrease before the first nectar becomes available. Keep this in mind and watch your hives carefully.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein
The following users thanked this post: CBT

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: The Bee's spring
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 02:27:14 am »
Thanks Iddee, that is direct and understandable. Would you be referring to all of us in this hemisphere? I live in California
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 03:58:51 am »
Yes, all north of the Equator, that is if they haven't moved Calif. south.   :P   :laugh: :laugh:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 12:45:39 pm »
Let's hope California stays in place, this state is beginning to burn itself down as it is  :sad:
There Is Peace In The Queendom