Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Beekeeping / Re: Swarm Trap Activity
« Last post by Wandering Man on Today at 01:11:13 am »
Good luck!

I had bees check out my swarm trap early last week, and then they were gone within an hour.  Two days later, scouts were back.  But they, too, left...
Those first bees may not have been mean enough to stay at your house.  You just never know about bees.   ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last post by Lburou on Today at 12:15:30 am »
Good luck!

I had bees check out my swarm trap early last week, and then they were gone within an hour.  Two days later, scouts were back.  But they, too, left...
Those first bees may not have been mean enough to stay at your house.  You just never know about bees.   ;)
« Last post by Wandering Man on Yesterday at 11:29:35 pm »
Good luck!

I had bees check out my swarm trap early last week, and then they were gone within an hour.  Two days later, scouts were back.  But they, too, left.

Earlier this year I had scout bees check out the box, then disappear, then two days later I had caught a swarm.  I don't know if they were the same bees or not. 
« Last post by Lburou on Yesterday at 09:49:03 pm »
I see room for optimism there.  :)
« Last post by Les on Yesterday at 08:00:45 pm »
I am using old comb and Swarm Commander lure.🤞. I so want to see a swarm!
Beekeeping 101 / Moldy frames - how much is too much?
« Last post by Lastfling on Yesterday at 07:59:00 pm »
I’ll be picking up two packages tomorrow and had planned on using some drawn foundation to get them off to a running start.  When I checked the foundation it was moldy to say the least.  I’ve heard the bee’s would clean them up but wondered if there was a limit to what they’d take on before looking elsewhere for a place to call home.  If it’s not a good idea to use it and or mix it it up with bare wax foundation I got enough plain to use and can recycle the frames from the other.  What say ya’ll ??  Any / all input appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by Bakersdozen on Yesterday at 07:35:43 pm »
They are curious.  I hope you catch a swarm!  Are you using any lemongrass oil or nasanov pheromone or old comb?
General Beekeeping / Swarm Trap Activity
« Last post by Les on Yesterday at 05:14:46 pm »
Trap has been up since the end of April.  Got some lookie Lous since them but today the visits have increased.
I put a stethoscope on the box and could hear a lot of buzzing.  Think I might have some new tenants soon?
I hope!

Any and Every Thing / Re: My Inner Sanctum
« Last post by Lburou on Yesterday at 01:40:14 pm »
You can never have too many tool boxes!  :)
Bee News / Re: 600 Hives Dead
« Last post by treeman4646 on Yesterday at 11:06:39 am »
Boy, that's some bit of scary news...
I goggled it and found though that it sounds like it's is a story from 2012 that had been re-posted on and off.
I just started keeping last year and am hoping to expand my little yard if the ordered nucs ever get ready with this stupid Spring weather.
There's a guy about 1/2 mile up the road from me that has been growing probably about 150 acres of corn and he just bought another 60 acres or so to do just that. I hope my efforts don't go in the toilet...
There seems to be some conflicting information about GMO's and even neonicotinoids. Some say they're bad, some say no problem... I gotta think it probably depends on who pays for the research.
I'd have to say though that any poisons can't be good...
Just my 2 cents...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10