Author Topic: SO BUSY!  (Read 2483 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
SO BUSY!
« on: September 27, 2018, 01:36:04 am »
What I have been doing....

Wife sold her house, so I had some stuff to finish up there in Maine.. got it done...  Also, sold my building on the town square here in Iowa, so I had to move ALL of my stuff OUT... it is all sitting in my BARN at the moment, waiting for the new 40 by 80 building to go up....
   In the meantime, I have a LOT of wood to cut for the winter, bees to treat one more time, and get sugar cakes made and installed, along with hauling grain for a farmer that asked me to help... the WIFE is coming back here on the 12th, so I have to make the place SPARKLY Immaculate...  I have to get her hunting stand ready, the paths mowed, I have an 89 chevy truck in the shop I am trying to rebuild so I can sell it as well.....
   Why would I rebuild a truck so I can sell it?   Because the money I get for that truck will build the 434 Dart smallblock engine for THIS---->

I dragged it back from Maine with me. My WIFE actually bought it for me.

She called and started asking questions about the Camaro I have on my computer as a screensaver... I finally asked her.. WHY.. after 31 years of being married, do you suddenly want to know about the dream car Camaro on my computer screen?

Because I just bought you one with 43K miles on it, all original, runs and drives. When you coming to get it?

"ON MY WAY!"

PS;  TED! When do you want to go cruising? We can relive our youth! Hoot a the pretty girls...  I have Journey, Boston, Loverboy, Kiss, Nugent, Pink Floyd, ZZ top, Meatloaf etc, etc cd's!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: SO BUSY!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 02:16:22 am »
What year?
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 08:54:08 am »
Throw in some Molly Hatchet, I'm on my way!
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline neillsayers

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »
ZZ...ultimate road trip score!! :)
Neill Sayers
Herbhome Bees
USDA Zone 7a

Offline CBT

• Gold Member
  • Age gets better with wine
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 07:09:27 am »
I had one. Don’t forget free bird.

Offline tedh

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 03:17:15 pm »
Hoooooo!  ZZ Top!  Mexican Blackbird always made me want to pop a brew and push it to the floor!  But then again, breathing made me want to pop a brew.  I often wonder how I ever survived.  Ted
Share that which you have an abundance of.  In doing so both the giver and receiver are enriched.

Offline Mikey N.C.

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 07:03:01 pm »
434? Don't know? Build motors everyday. 390 bored 60 over and stroked, or gm 427 bored and stroked

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »
Creedance! It ain't me, It ain't me, I ain't no senator's son
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2018, 05:21:49 am »
Back in the mid 70's I had a Camero.  My friends called it "the Pumpkin".

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2018, 10:54:52 am »
What year?
I would guess early 1980s.
Lee_Burough

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 11:02:44 am »
I had a 1981 Camaro that taught me a lesson in 1986.  I bought it in Anchorage Alaska for $1,000 under the book value and drove it two years.  When it came time to move back to the "lower 48", I tried to sell it.  I declined one offer of $3500 -after all, that was $1500 under book value.

Well, I spent $1100 getting it down to San Antonio Texas and, after a lengthy period of advertising and demonstrating it, sold it for $3100.  I would have been much better off selling it for $3500...Live and learn.  :-\
Lee_Burough

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 11:07:03 am »
434? Don't know? Build motors everyday. 390 bored 60 over and stroked, or gm 427 bored and stroked
'434' Could mean 4.34 bore size...?
Lee_Burough

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 07:44:03 pm »
Mikey, the 434 is built on a siamesed cylinder Dart Block....

http://www.badasscars.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=29/prd29.htm

so you get big block cubes in a small block package.  I have built 427 small blocks, this will be my first 434.

Molly hatchet! Flirtin with disaster! I'm in!  Lynyrd Skynyrd Free bird.. in on that too!  How many times can you "sing" free bird while inebriated? About as many times as you can scream Err. Sing Hotel California inebriated...  NOT... that I have ever done that....

Miss Jen, it is a 1980 Z28 Camaro.

in 1980, I was sixteen years old, I had my 68 Camaro in my dad's shop. I had taken the straight six out and dropped a home built 350 into it...   back in 1980, you couldn't BUY aftermarket parts like you can now, so we had to MAKE everything ourselves...   I spent HOURS welding up big block rocker balls so they would fit 3/8 studs, so I could use big block rockers on a small block... etc, etc...   Anyhow, I was putting new springs under the front end of the Camaro to raise it back up where it belonged... when....  One of the technicians from the local chevy dealership pulled in... Dad was waiting for him... they used our lift to put the car in, and change the cam in it, on a 1980 Camaro, with 27 miles on it!!
   in 1980, GM entered into the gentleman's agreement with Chrysler and Pontiac, limiting horsepower etc...  so the 1980 Z only had 190 horsepower that year, the same as the corvette...  by installing a different cam, he bumped the output to 210 HP... still lethargic....  but better than 190...   The car also has the 85 mph speedometer, which will also need changed...  ANYHOW....  Dad and John put the new cam in, then, as they finished up, they headed for the bar, and LEFT that 1980 Z sitting on the lift...  Yeah, I got in... the new car smell! It was the most beautiful car I had EVER seen in my life, and I wanted one!!!!  I have owned several first gen Camaro's, and ONE 1970 Z28. When I was in the service I bought a 78 Z28, and promptly rolled it up in the hills in California...
   I have tried several times to buy an 80 or 81 Z, only to find out they were JUNK, or they wanted to much, or the wife glared at me.... sniff...

This time, it was HER idea...

https://tenor.com/view/snoop-snoopy-peanuts-dance-dancing-gif-11580114
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*