Author Topic: AROUND!  (Read 2904 times)

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
AROUND!
« on: April 25, 2021, 10:06:07 pm »
I am hoping to be AROUND more often!  Wife is back home, along with her mother, so one of us has to be here all the time...  Good excuse to hang out with other beekeepers! New building is up, concrete poured.. I ended up with two hives out of thirty after three years of not even peeking {or being here often enough to peek} at them...  I will be splitting those hives....  Ten packages in the garage getting hived tomorrow..   Observation hive also getting a package, and getting BACK on track again....
   ZWEEEFERRRRRRR We have rum to drink!!!!  Also, how close are you to Heritage Honeybee? Its in Sullivan, WI. I HAVE to make a trip up there soonish!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: AROUND!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 04:46:11 pm »
So glad to hear things are getting stabilized on your end!  Sullivan is the other side of the state (by Waukesha or Milwaukee.  Over 3 hrs away I’m afraid. As for the rum, I have some new brands you need to try as well... perhaps we can set up a weekend to get together and discuss, either up here or down there.
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 06:33:34 pm »
Perfect Idea. Not sure when wifey will allow me to run off, will have to treat her extra nice for a couple days before asking.

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 10:32:31 am »
You said there was three years of non-intervention with your hives.... I am curious as to how the boxes and stuff held up being out in the weather full time?  I know you like me have decided to build things a bit different (Looking mainly at outer covers)...
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 01:22:26 am »
The outsides held up surprisingly well...  the insides however... were mostly destroyed by wax moth...

*Sponsor*

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 11:55:59 pm »
Welcome home.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 12:33:49 am »
Thanks WM, good to be back!

*Sponsor*

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 12:11:13 am »
Lazy! I want you to start your homecoming here with one of your terrific bee stories. We could use some laughter and warm hearted story telling again.

I know some of our most funny stuff is back in the archives of this forum, don't think I have the patience to look them up. Maybe you can find the story of the fellow who taught you about beekeeping when you a boy. Such A Good Story!

There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 08:39:49 pm »
A lot of stories were made in that back yard. A LOT of memories were made as well...  Like being told a banana peel would take the burn out if you rubbed it where you got stung? Being told to pull a board off the shed and see if there were bees in there??  and THEN..... Sprinting three miles home with a herd of angry bees chasing me? I imagined  they were RIGHT behind me all the way. Longest distance I had ever run at that time, and I am sure that run would have broken some records...  Dad thought it was hilarious, my mom was maaaaad.   I DO need to write all these memories down for future generations to enjoy, and possibly learn from! In a few more years I will need a young fellow to help me with the bees. SO MANY experiences to pass down! Most notably, and the HOTTEST day of the year, after a hard day of working bees, getting stung, and sweating profusely....  the SWEETNESSSSS of ice cold rhubarb wine while sitting in the shade and listening to an old man talk about the past, with rapt attention....

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 07:55:02 am »
you've already published books - add this one to the list!

Speaking of, when does your second Generations book come out?
>shameless plug> - get Nemesis Destiny if you want to be cool and in the loop of this conversation!

https://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Destiny-Generations-Scott-Sievers/dp/1946848905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494985966&sr=8-1&keywords=Nemesis+Destiny

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nemesis-destiny-scott-sievers/1126324308?ean=9781946848901
Henry David Thoreau

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 09:46:57 am »
you've already published books - add this one to the list!

Speaking of, when does your second Generations book come out?
>shameless plug> - get Nemesis Destiny if you want to be cool and in the loop of this conversation!

https://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Destiny-Generations-Scott-Sievers/dp/1946848905/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494985966&sr=8-1&keywords=Nemesis+Destiny

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/nemesis-destiny-scott-sievers/1126324308?ean=9781946848901

You wrote a book, Lazy?  That is so awesome!  That's going in my "Want to Read" shelf on Goodreads.  :) 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 08:21:32 am »
I will be posting it on the website, the BOOK website...  I had a company hep me set everything up the first time, they got it listed etc.. I havent gotten a dime, and the price is exorbitant for a paperback.. so, I am going to post it for free, along with the second book and the third...  Time is my limiting factor, but I WILL get there!

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2021, 05:05:50 pm »
I havent gotten a dime, and the price is exorbitant for a paperback..

If I had known that, I would have just hit you up for a free copy! Sorry to hear that.  Do you have any idea of how many sold at least?
Henry David Thoreau

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 09:15:20 pm »
Last time I checked it was around 300.   I need to go on and write a review telling people to get it for free at my website instead.

*Sponsor*

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 11:05:05 pm »
I will say the physical copy is nice to have, and I don’t know what they used to print the cover, but I just like the feel of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Henry David Thoreau

Offline The15thMember

• Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2021, 11:11:01 pm »
I will say the physical copy is nice to have, and I don’t know what they used to print the cover, but I just like the feel of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh tell me about it.  I cannot read fiction on a screen, unless absolutely necessary.  It's sacrilege. 

Last time I checked it was around 300.   I need to go on and write a review telling people to get it for free at my website instead.

What's the website, Lazy?  I'd like to check it out.  :)       
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2021, 12:37:53 am »
https://www.amazon.com/Nemesis-Destiny-Generations-Scott-Sievers/dp/1946848905

Thats the link to Amazon... I cant say I disagree Zweef...   Kicking back in the fav chair and reading is pretty relaxing.   As usual, I am once again going flat out.. preparing for my sons wedding here at the house on July 3rd, (Wife is already panicking) THEN were heading for Alaska for a couple weeks... BUT... when I get back from that....  I hope to get the books posted on the website for free...    There is the precursor to this series posted there already... DragonBorn.     http://www.nemesisdestiny.com/dragonborn.html      It can be downloaded to a PC or tablet.

*Sponsor*
The following users thanked this post: The15thMember