Author Topic: first flowers in the yard!  (Read 11604 times)

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: first flowers in the yard!
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 03:12:17 pm »
I've always wanted to plant johnny jump ups and grape hyacinch in my front lawn ~
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline tbonekel

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
Some posters talked about henbit. Others talked about dead nettle. Had me totally confused, so I called on my friend Google. He knows everything. He said they are the same thing, just different names. Now I know what folks on here are talking about.  ;D

I'm going to have to disagree with that one. I think henbit is different than dead nettle. Dead nettle leaves are variegated, heart shaped. Henbit leaves look a little like parsley to me. I haven't seen any dead nettle around me but loads of henbit.

Here is a picture I found that compares.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline efmesch

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2014, 04:54:38 pm »
There are plenty of them in my yard---I have never seen a bee visitng their flowers (contrary to what's written in the Wiki-pedia article).

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2014, 05:21:30 pm »
They are working them in my yard. Not real heavily, but there are many things blooming now.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein