Sustainable Living > Preserving Food

asparagus

<< < (2/2)

mamapoppybee:
how are you prepping it? if im gonna can it i just wash well cut of rough ends cut down to size of jar( if you want the long pretty spear look going on) add pickle and water mixture then process. and my hubbster ate one of my first jars when it was three years old and was really num!

BoilerJim:

--- Quote from: blueblood on March 16, 2014, 08:56:14 pm ---Asparagus has the same benefits as dark chocolate...just saying... 8)

--- End quote ---

If you were to dip it in dark chocolate I could propably eat it then.  ;)

crazy8days:
I followed my BALL canning book. Mush!  Was so sad!  30 miles north of me they grow like weeds in the side ditch. You can go out and in 30 minutes have several Walmart bags full! 

mamapoppybee:
that's how i learned to do asparagus grampa lives in the dakotas and if we were visiting he would have us kids go grab it. he showed us first but had polio and it affects how he gets around a bit. So he took advantage of his helpers. Now i look back on it as  simple and good times.

Ladyleo191:
I just have a small bed, 'cause I'm the only person I know who eats asparagus. Those pickled one look delicious, but I don't get to harvest that many.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version