Sustainable Living > Preserving Food

What to do with it.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Perry:

--- Quote from: brooksbeefarm on April 27, 2014, 04:04:06 pm ---Our son just brought us about 30 morrell mushrooms and 15 crappie (cleaned), Know what we will be eating the next few days. 8) Jack

--- End quote ---

Don't say it Perry, don't say it. You're better than that, leave it alone!
"But I wants to say it, I wants to".
No! Iddee will hit you with a stick!  C:-)

brooksbeefarm:
I know, i know, my son gave me enough crap about having to catch fish and find mushrooms for the old man. :D I've been so busy with garden, bees, and cattle that i can't get away, had a first calf heifer that calfed and the calf was dead and she was paralyzed for 4 days,had to carry feed and water to her and put hip huggers on her and lift her up with the tractor and loader and let her stand to get the blood circulating every day. Didn't want to loose her to. :sad: Jack

iddee:
It's funny how Jack eats crappie and Perry ends up full of crap.   :P   :laugh:

edit... Yes, Perry, I was reading chat.. :P :P

G3farms:
Pretty good deal there on the eats and treats!

Having a cow down and getting her back up is a HUGE chore, not always successful but keep at it Jack, best of luck for all of the hard work with her. Nothing worse than a dead calf, dead cow, AND a vet bill, let alone all of the hours spent on back breaking labor. Been there, done that, got the vet bill too!

brooksbeefarm:
Funny thing, last Friday i took the tractor and hip huggers out to her, as i was trying to put the huggers on her she looked back and seen what i was doing and staggered to her feet, she didn't want anymore of that. :D She has been on her feet ever since and when she sees me outside she comes to me, not that she likes me, she just wants that bucket of grain. :laugh: Jack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version