Author Topic: Christmas Parties That You Do Not Want To Attend  (Read 3993 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Christmas Parties That You Do Not Want To Attend
« on: December 11, 2013, 05:13:44 pm »
christmas parties that you do not want to attend.........you all know.  everyone get's invitations to christmas parties you really don't want to attend.....and you do your best to bow out gracefully.  here's my bowing out gracefully story......

so mr. river sent me an email with an invitation to a christmas party to one of the other partner's and wife's home, coming up on friday.  the partner, likes to party; he will slobber  all over everyone  most of the night, cuz he started real early into the jameson and  usually falls asleep, or passes out relatively early, and typically in the party room.  his wife, gets pretty tipsy and tells stories no one should hear about her passed out husband.......

when they are sober, or even semi sober, i enjoy them immensely. long time friends and business partner in the firm.

okay so back to the email.  a few days went by, and last evening mr. river was a little snarky cuz the partners wife had cornered him asking if we were going to be present , and he said he hadn't received a reply from me, saying yeah or nay, and of course he tells the partner's wife, i hadn't decided yet.......(oooohhhh, that get's him in trouble every time LOL) anyway, then we sorta had a bickerson over whether i replied to HIS email or not.  i had.  i pulled my sent emails up..........

UH-OH and OOOOOPPPPS............ oh i replied alright, but i didn't look at the header of the email, it came from the partner...........  mr. river, instead of forwarding the invitation  to me sent it direct from their office calendar,  and i sent my reply directly back  to none other and guess who....... the partner that sent out the invitation.....
we both sorta stood in horrification, lots of humble pie last evening......

email content in part:
"Do you have any interest in going to xxxxxxxx 's  christmas party next Friday nite ?(all attorneys invited—I think)
I don’t—but thought I better ask first before “declining invite” "

in my succinct and diplomatic (LOL) way and nothing but pure grace (LOL), my reply back was.......
no, not all the way to friggin hastings!........

(hope i didn't offend anyone, but that's what i said in my graceful way..... :lol: it's a very long drive  )

more OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSS...........
not sure how that was ironed out today, i am quite certain there was some chuckles about it, but guess who's taking me for a really nice dinner.   :lol:

:D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: Christmas Parties That You Do Not Want To Attend
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 05:32:22 pm »
Oooooooooooooooooooh!  :shock:   :lol:
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Online iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 05:35:22 pm »
Multiple choice test

The truth sometimes hurts?

Honesty is the best policy?

Be upfront, don't beat around the bush?

All of the above?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:53:35 pm »
............ :lol: very true iddee, very true....... multiple choice test, way funny!  i think sometimes guys leave it to the wives to say no, but sometimes i have left it to him......he's more of a diplomat than i am......gee imagine that....... :lol:
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 03:55:43 am »
more OOOOOPPPPPPPSSSSSS...........
not sure how that was ironed out today, i am quite certain there was some chuckles about it, but guess who's taking me for a really nice dinner. :lol:

You can't go to the party you already have a dinner date planned for that night.
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.