Author Topic: Honey-B-Gone ~ great product!!!  (Read 7499 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Honey-B-Gone ~ great product!!!
« on: October 04, 2014, 09:06:01 pm »
a new member here (scott derrick) produces this product to clear bees from supers, and we have all watched jpthebeeman use scott's honey-b-gone in his videos.  in the past i have used all the smelly products before switching to fisher's bee quick.  i decided to try scott's honey-b-gone.

i am impressed with this. this stuff works quickly and works like a charm!  i used this today and i will use this in the future.  i couldn't believe how quickly this worked.  i didn't use it to clear honey supers, but to chase bees out of a deep placed on a hive with feeder frames in it. 

i took my honey supers off in early september.  i fed the bees back some mixed frames of honey (medium/deep frames) housed in an empty deep over the 2nd deep and an inner cover, and have been doing so since then.  2 weeks ago, i knew the weather was going to get  cold, the bees needed a little extra weight, so i placed an empty super on top and moved the 'feeder' deep up on top the empty super with some additional feeder frames.  i knew i would need this space to drive them down into, and maybe lay a couple frames in that empty medium box. so today, i needed to get that 'feeder' deep off. it was a little chilly, the sun was shining, and about 52 degrees.  i wanted to work quickly to minimize any chill to the bees, and i did not want to remove the inner cover on top the 2nd deep. i tipped the outer cover off enough of the top  feeder deep to see it was full of bees on the frames.  i sprayed the honey-b-gone on a fume board, popped the outer cover off and slid the fume board on and hit it with a torch and waited a few minutes, and hit the fume board again with some heat. waited another few minutes. i could hear the bees moving down.  tipped the fume board, looked in, the bees had moved down. used a heavy canvas cloth over the deep and removed frames one by one, to brush any bees off back into the hive. i realized i didn't need to do this, but not having used this before, i didn't know. a few stragglers, that was it.  there were some bees (not many) i brushed  off the sides of the deep down into the medium super, lifted the deep off, stuck a few additional frames  in the super, replaced the outer cover and i was done!

in a week or so, i will remove these feeder frames, remove the super and replace with winter patties and an insulation box for winter months.

thanks scott!

(ps.....scott has chosen to advertise with us so look for his ad within the next week or so on how/where to buy honey-b-gone).
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Scott Derrick

• Swarm Commander Premium Swarm Lure
Re: Honey-B-Gone ~ great product!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:38 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Riverbee. Much appreciated.
Scott Derrick
Creator: Honey-B-Gone, Swarm Commander

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:52:44 pm »
Stopped at the feed store on the way home from robbing bees (a few weeks ago) and had Bee-Go, on my clothes,one of the checkers said, my god what is that awful smell :o. I told her it was my woman repellent , that i got tired of women bothering me when i came to town :D. One of them said it was working ;D and the other one said, You don't need anything for that. :o I thought that was uncalled for. :laugh: Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 07:43:08 pm »
............... :D

jack, when are you going to stop using that stuff? does your wife make you sleep in the barn?......or with the dog, guessing the dog wouldn't sleep with you either.................. :D

anyway, this stuff works great and i liked it, and best of all, i don't have to sleep somewhere else................ :D

your welcome scott!  will be purchasing this from you in the future.
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »

I did a couple of removals I really wished I had some of that stuff.   I'll be ordering some before spring arrives once again.
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:05:03 am »
Stopped at the feed store on the way home from robbing bees (a few weeks ago) and had Bee-Go, on my clothes,one of the checkers said, my god what is that awful smell :o. I told her it was my woman repellent , that i got tired of women bothering me when i came to town :D. One of them said it was working ;D and the other one said, You don't need anything for that. :o I thought that was uncalled for. :laugh: Jack

:laugh: :laugh:  I have tears running down my face!
And, no one will ride in your vehicle with you if you get that smell inside.  Last time I used Bee Go, I walked pass my car a couple of days later, at work, and realized you could smell the stench just walking by!  People probably thought I had a dead body in the trunk.  I have to put a bag of charcoal briquettes in the trunk to get the smell out.  It's the only thing I found that works.

Scott:  I went to the web site to order both the honey-b-gone and lures, but wasn't able to do so at the same time.  Is there a way to do that?

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:26:17 am »
Yep, it takes two trips to the car wash to kill most of the smell in the bed of my truck, it's good stuff,women don't bother when i'm wearing it. :D Jack

Offline Scott Derrick

• Swarm Commander Premium Swarm Lure
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 12:25:26 pm »
Scott:  I went to the web site to order both the honey-b-gone and lures, but wasn't able to do so at the same time.  Is there a way to do that?

Yes....you can send me an email with exactly what you want to scott@swarmcommander.com and I'll send you a paypal invoice. Please include your address. Thanks for asking.
Scott Derrick
Creator: Honey-B-Gone, Swarm Commander

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 04:06:56 pm »
Thanks Scott. I received my bottle of Honey-B-Gone and swarm lures promptly.   Now I will have to be patient and wait until next year to use them, but I am ready.