Author Topic: More coyote recipes  (Read 3642 times)

Offline Alleyyooper

More coyote recipes
« on: October 06, 2014, 06:44:51 am »
My daddy said not to shoot any thing unless you were going to eat it. So after a bit of research I found some recipes for coyotes. I do so enjoy shooting them.

•Stewed Coyote
Four pounds of coyote meat cut into one inch cubes. 11/2 cups of vinegar. A tablespoon of pepper. Two tablespoons of salt. Tablespoon of garlic powder. Half cup of cooking oil. Two large yellow onions, diced. Three cups of tomato sauce. Ten cups of boiling water. Two red bell peppers cut into strips. Two bay leaves. One teaspoon of Tabasco sauce. One can of pineapple chunks.

Marinate the meat in a mixture of the recipe's vinegar, pepper, salt and garlic powder for two hours. Fry the meat in the oil, using a large wok, or a large cast iron skillet. Add the onions, pineapple and sauté until tender. Once tender, pour into a pot, adding the tomato sauce and boiling water, add your bell pepper, bay leaves and Tabasco. Cover and simmer until meat is tender. (My dear friend Phil Schweik says you can substitute lamb for the coyote, because the taste is similar, but why would you he asks, since coyote is a heckuva lot cheaper than lamb!).

Grilled coyote
Slow cook the coyote meat over a grill, marinate with some fruit based glaze, roll in cabbage leaves when done, and serve with steamed white rice.

•Deep Fried Coyote
Cut your coyote meat into one inch chunks, then soak in buttermilk overnight. Prepare your deep fryer, then bread the coyote meat in your favorite breading, and deep fry until done. Quick, easy and tasty!

If you haven't tried any your not qualified to make YUK comments.

;D  Al

your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
Re: More coyote recipes
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 06:52:16 am »
 Having try any and I don't think I ever will unless I have to, as being really real hunger, they remind me to much of a dog.

Ken

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:54:46 am »
80% of the world eats dog. I first tasted it in Viet Nam and found it as good as any other meat.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline kebee

• WorldWide Beekeeper Emeritus
  • Gold Member
  • May GOD be with us
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 06:57:45 am »
 Yes it was there and the reason I did not touch any food off base for fear of that.

Ken