Author Topic: Bee Venom Therapy, or BVT  (Read 40048 times)

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
Re: Bee Venom Therapy, or BVT
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
I probably dont average more than a couple of stings a week during the summer. I wouldnt discount the placebo effect or disparage it either. I think it is possible that if you deliberately take a bee and inflict a sting on a given ache it might have more positive effect than an insulting sting you incidentally acquired in the same spot. I dont swell much from bee stings and dont itch as badly as I did a few years ago.

Frank

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 11:54:00 pm »
Lburou- Hello there, I have been stinging my hips and lower back for osteoarthrititis for three years now. I am also an apitherapist. I have also just kicked using Celebrex, of which I'm delighted because it is a dangerous drug for heart and stroke. I do use two Tylenol arthritis before I go to bed. Each body is it's own universe if you will. But as a rule of thumb, stinging a couple times a week is about average. There are people out there with rheumatoid arthritis that have worked up to 60 stings a week and are living longer and more active lives.

I have noticed this last year (been stinging for 3) that I don't need as many stings as I used to. I now sting as needed, which in the winter might be every 7-10 days, about 4 stings. In the summer, it's not even that. I have also used bvt on my knees, shoulders, and for a anxiety situation that I went thru last winter. FYI - two bee stings on the appropriate acupunture points knocks anxiety right out the door.

A client I have now stings his wrist two times a week. He is now playing his guitar again and is more comfortable on his computer.

On the average the effects of the sting will last 2-3 days. It has been stated; that if you leave the stinger in your skin, that it can continue to administer anit-inflamitory effects for 7-12 hours. So! if you are not getting the same results as last year, try leaving the stinger in longer. I just put the stinger on and forget it there and get on with my day.

Hope this helps and I am at your service at any time
Jen alias jaybird  8)
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Lburou

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2013, 09:41:37 am »
Thank you Jaybird.  In the anecdotal reports you hear in BVT circles, what is the longest time horizon for a patient taking stings over time?  Thanks again.  :)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:04:19 am by iddee »
Lee_Burough

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2013, 02:27:48 pm »
That question is up for grabs. See, some people will have bursitis or OA in their elbow, and take one, two, or three stings, and the bursitis disappears forever. Others may need to continue the stings to keep the inflamation at bay. Diet and genetics play a big part on how much our individual bodies hold onto inflamation. Summary, some people will only need a sting or two, some may need to sting for many years. I hope this answer is in conjunct with your question  8)

Offline crazy8days

• https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crees-Bees/264227527049555?ref=hl
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:12 am »
So BVT help people with tennis elbow?  I've had my elbows shot up, my collar bone where it connects near your shoulder shot up, my feet with a $1000 cocktail :-\ :-\ ( that one hurt my wallet more than my foot).  Do you find where it is the most tender and sting that area?  How do you know how many bees?  Do like any meds and start at 1?  My good friend is a hairstylist and has arthritis in her thumbs.  She wanted to try BVT so I stung her and she has been pain free since summer.  I posted it on my Cree's Bees facebook page.
“It's wonderful to me that bees have this simple, age-old thing going on.” -Peter Fonda

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2013, 10:06:16 pm »
Hi Crazy, bvt helps everybody with anything! unless of course you have a tendancy to anaphylaxis. I'll be addressing this on a new topic soon.

What do you mean by having your elbows and collar bone 'shot up'? and what's going on with your feet? Wow :(

For basic bvt, you put the bee where the hurt is, Yes!

However there are acupuncture points where a stinger can be placed as well. For example, if you are the type that carries chronic pain around all day, there is two places on the stomach to sting to help reduce inflamation, any kind of inflamation.

There are 5 places on the body you can sting for anxiety. And let me tell you... I had a bout of anxiety last winter, I looked up the points for nervousness and anxiety, stung those places, and it knocked my anxiety right out the door. I'm not joking!

There is a point at the back of the head where a stinger can be placed for migraine headaches. The kind where people lay in bed in a pitch black room throwing up for three days.

I would like to know more about your elbows, collar bone and feet?

I'm logged onto this forum most everyday,
Jen  8)

Offline crazy8days

« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2014, 11:04:11 am »
My issues are from 24 years of being a Union Millwright.  And I'm only 42.  Many more years ahead of me! :sad:  I've had issues with plantar fasciitis.  Foot doctor gave me several injections of some sort of "cocktail" which he charged $1000 per shot.  Insurance paid most of it.  But, I had enough of that!  Because of wearing work boots all these years I have lost some flexibility.  Both elbows I've had numerous cortisone shots from overuse.  My clavicle bone that forms a ball/ socket gets really sore at times.  Ortho doctor ex-rays show deterioration.  Now, next week I go in to have knee surgery.  Other than all this I'm healthy as a horse!   :-\
“It's wonderful to me that bees have this simple, age-old thing going on.” -Peter Fonda

Offline Crofter

• ex pressure welder/steamfitter; now a tinker
  • Location: N. Ontario, On the shore of North Channel of Lake Huron 46.00 N. Lat.
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2014, 11:21:08 am »
The doctor said I had the body of a horse too; a thirty year old horse!

I think some people have a predisposition to tendonitis in response to hard usage. That would describe me. Have had tennis elbow. Achilles tendon, Carpal tunnel surgery both hands and trigger finger tendon sheath surgery both hands. I have the plantar fasciitis in the right foot.
Frank

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »
What kind of surgery are you getting on your knee?

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2014, 04:00:53 pm »
First off, are you interested in bee venom therapy? if so I can provide you with the points on where to sting for relief of plantar faciitis.

Also, have you looked into the socks that can help relieve plantar faciitis?

Offline crazy8days

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2014, 04:28:12 pm »
I have cartilage that needs removed.  Will be back to work in 3 days.  That's my goal.  Yes, to VBT!!  check out my FB page.  Done it to a friend with good results.  Socks?  didn't know there was such a thing.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2014, 05:04:57 pm »
Okay Crazy, I'll get some pics online of socks that help with plantar. Plantar is simply a tightening of the tendons in the back of the calf, and the tendons in the bottom of the foot.

Has anyone ever showed you how to stretch your leg and foot to relieve plantar?

Offline Finally Home

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2014, 09:16:37 pm »
Any good links online for someone interested in BVT?

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 09:25:31 pm »
Hi Finally, I am a bee venom therapist  :)

Youtube is a good source of info on 'bee venom therapy'

and American Apitherapy Society is a good source as well. If you become a member you get lots of good stuff on healing with BVT, and the newsletter online or they will mail one to you.

What can I help you with?

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 09:28:27 pm »
I'm still waiting on the pics of the socks, Jaybird.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 09:31:44 pm »
Do you have plantar fasciitis Iddee?

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 09:33:20 pm »
First time I ever heard of it. Have no idea what it is. I just have a desire to learn new bee stuff.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Finally Home

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 09:34:13 pm »
Just tossing the idea around.  Few aches n pains every now n then.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2014, 10:25:31 pm »
Iddee ""First time I ever heard of it. Have no idea what it is. I just have a desire to learn new bee stuff.""

Oh Okay, well the socks were recommended for Crazy8days. Plantar Fasciitis is a condition in the bottom of the foot where the tendons tighten up and make the center of the foot painful, it can be very uncomfortable to walk on that foot.

There is also a place on the back of the leg where a bee sting can help with the pain ~

http://www.heel-pain-store.com/Plantar_Fasciitis_Treatments_s/67.htm?gclid=CNPI9_PNwLwCFUqSfgodcGwAhA

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:05 pm »
Finally- Well then, I'll tell ya what I sting myself for, and we can go from there.

I have arthritis in my lower back and shoulders, and I have worn down knee joints.

I learned about BVT from an acupuncturist who is a third generation bee keeper. During the time I was with her, my wrists were in pain from being a massage therapist. With my permission of course, she placed the bee on one wrist and I went home. This way I could see what the difference in pain was between both wrists. I was sold. I learned how to do it myself and how to administer bee venom to others.

I put stings on my hips, lower back, shoulders, and knees, as needed. Bee Venom Therapy has gotten me off of Celebrex, an anti-imflammatory drug.

I think it's a great way to deal with chronic pain issues. Mostly, when people come to me, the western medical system has drained their bank accounts and they can't afford their medication anymore. However, I have also helped with migraine headaches, rheumatiod arthritis, and depression. It's good medicine!