Author Topic: Bee Culture Archived Magazine Articles  (Read 2736 times)

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
Bee Culture Archived Magazine Articles
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:19:13 pm »
This is really an annoucement or an FYI.

i discovered yesterday that Bee Culture no longer has archived articles that one can search through on their website.

i post this because a number of my posts contain links to these archived articles, and some really great educational reading.  if anyone comes across these posts with the bee culture links, the links are invalid and the page will not be found.  please let me know.  i may have some of these articles in pdf format which i can upload and replace. 

i sent an email to Kim Flottum (editor) inquiring about the disappearance of this valuable archive.  will let everyone know when i hear back.

i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
Re: Bee Culture Archived Magazine Articles
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »
An old mentor of mine gave me boxes of Bee Culture mags. that he stock piled over the years before he passed on. I like to read the Richard Taylor articles and some of the other writers that have passed on. Lots of good reading. Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:17:40 pm »
jack, how far back?  very cool.

i have some boxes; a few boxes of both bee culture and ABJ, going back i think about 10 or 12 years, and some earlier. not stock piling.....organizing and preserving a library if you will..... :D
anyway,  some great articles in these.

i guess, unless i ditch them, my grandkids will get them and all my books on  bees..... :D
maybe i should consider now giving them to a library, bee club, or someone who isn't going to throw them out?!.......... :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:44:39 am »

maybe i should consider now giving them to a library, bee club, or someone who isn't going to throw them out?!.......... :D
Organizing all that material is very admirable.  I have ABJ mags tucked everywhere.
If you belong to a bee club, and they don't have a library, it would be an excellent way to start a library.  The club I belong to has a well used library full of hard backs and paperbacks.  I find a lot of folks bring their old bee magazines to our fund raising auctions.  The bundled magazines are quite a popular item.