Author Topic: Robb Russell - RIP  (Read 12672 times)

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
Robb Russell - RIP
« on: December 26, 2013, 10:16:30 am »
It is with a heavy heart that I share the news of the passing of Robb Russell.   Many might not have known Robb,  but he was an incredible man that I am proud to say was a friend.   Robb ran the Wildlife Pro Network which bought nuisance wildlife control folks together. He ran podcasts for years to help educate, share knowledge, and train folks in the industry.  I credit Robb with bringing honeybee removals into the forefront of the wildlife control industry.   Robb had no beekeeping knowledge when he started,  but he truly believed the wildlife control industry could help save honeybees that where destined for extermination.  He held many podcasts on beekeeping and is the reason so many nwco's have added bee removals to their portfolio.  I was fortunate to meet Robb in person a few years ago and check out his beehives with him,  it will be a day I will remember forever.

Godspeed Robb,  you have left a huge void in many of our lives and will be greatly missed.

For those that knew Robb,  there is one last podcast being planned to honor Robb's life.  Once I learn of the details, I will post them and hope you can attend.   Let's send him off with the largest podcast ever on WPN.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline G3farms

• Bee Wrangler
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Re: Robb Russell - RIP
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 10:21:13 am »
Too sad.

I had watched several of the podcast before and was excited that he had started including bee removal.
Rob that sounds like a good plan for a send off.

Is there any plans for somebody to pick it up and carry on?
Bees are bees and do as they please!

.... --- -   -... . . ...   .-- .. .-.. .-..   .... .- ...- .   -.-- --- ..-   ... - . .--. .--. .. -. --.   .- -. -..   ..-. . - -.-. .... .. -. --.   .-.. .. -.- .   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .... . .- -..   .. ...   --- -.   ..-. .. .-. .   .- -. -..   -.-- --- ..- .-.   .- ... ...   .. ...   -.-. .- - -.-. .... .. -. --.

Offline robo

• Beekeep On!
    • Ramblings, Rants, & Ravings
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 10:24:50 am »
I believe his son is looking to keep the business going but has a steep hill to climb.  Robb was a one man show who created/hosted/maintained many of the NWCO websites.   I believe without Robb around beekeeping will fall off  the plate.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 10:28:26 am »
Sorry to hear of this loss. That's two for me this week. The rest of us must carry on with the effort.
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter