Beekeeping > General Beekeeping

Questions about Power Bee Brushes

(1/2) > >>

DMLinton:
Does anyone use, or have knowledge, of powered bee brushes?  I stumbled across a video a few months ago wherein a beekeeper with a beehouse arrangment used one to clear bees from honey frames as he pulled them.  From what I could see, the system utilized two cylindrical brushes that counter rotated.  The honey frame was passed between the rotating brushes and was very quickly cleared of bees.  Not sure whether the bees went into a container or a duct to the outdoors.

I have search about bee supply houses but cannot find anything of the sort.  The management strategy that I am leaning toward requires pulling individual frames of honey rather than supers so such a machine might be very useful.

I am particularly interested in hearing from anyone that has used one as I am curious as to how well the bees cope with such a machine.

apisbees:
I have seen that video. It was in Europe and the hives were in a bee trailer or truck and the extracted in the truck. the bees went back out side so they could fly back to there hive entrance. there would be some drifting as any bees that were swept that hadn't taken orientation flights might not make it back to the proper hive

G3farms:
You are right apis, I saw that one too. Looked like it was a little hard on the bees to me.

apisbees:
here is the one you are thinking about.

Moots:

--- Quote from: apisbees on December 26, 2013, 04:48:40 am ---here is the one you are thinking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XPEpdyR_PQ

--- End quote ---

WOW!  That thing looks brutal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version