Beekeeping > General Beekeeping

Gallon Jars?

(1/4) > >>

LazyBkpr:
Does anyone know where to pick up Gallon jars with the small mouth?
   I can find all sorts of them with the wide mouth...
   I have (HAD) 5 of them... all OLD jars that take a normal quart mason jar lid. I used them for feeding in my feed stands...
   Seems that.... (she who not be named here) decided to get the ladder down all by herslef, nad somehow hit the shelf above it where I had the jars sitting..  three of them hit the concrete....      :'(

So I decided to look them up and order a few more....     Apparently its not possible to get new ones??
   I see that Ruhl Bee Supply has gallon PLASTIC jars that take this lid.. they are also, and unfortunately BLACK Plastic..   I would think this would make them TERRIBLE feeders, as the sun hitting them would have the syrup squirting out the lid holes...   I thought.. maybe I could paint them white....  they are only 7 bucks each......  so less than 21 bucks for three...   then comes the shipping at 24 bucks....
     naw.. not worth it to get something I dont want...
   If anyone knows of a supplier PLEASE let me know..
   In the meantime I guess I am going to start scrounging through old barns and sheds!!!
   Thanks!!!
       Scott

Riverrat:
I use the 2.5 litter and gallon pickle jars from walmart. Got over 100 of them. And my Dr. can attest to my eating all the pickles when I went in for a blood pressure check. while I was eating a gallon or 2 of them a week.

blueblood:
Like these: http://www.containerandpackaging.com/catalog/glass-jugs/71/#1,0&0&0&0&0&0&0&71&0&8&list&0&0,1

Riverrat:
blue think hes looking for the wide mouth that would fit a canning jar lid

LazyBkpr:

Indeed, the standard lids that fit into a Boardman style feeder  2.5 inch lid I believe..

MiniMo  I'll have to send you some of my Pickles next season.. I already ate the ones I canned this year :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version