Author Topic: Look what I found  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Les

• Gold Member
Look what I found
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:44 pm »
I just got an education on vinegar as a herbicide.  I did not know there were different types (or percentages of acetic acid).  Who knew?

https://farms.naturalorganicwarehouse.com/vinegar-20-weed-organic-herbicide-weed-control

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
Re: Look what I found
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:58:23 am »
Well Les!  We All Know Now! And Thank You! Big Hug Sistah! And guess what! I've been killing weeds with apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle for 3 years now. It even kills crab grass!

There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Alleyyooper

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 09:22:20 am »
Becarefull that stuff even kills flowers. Kare taught that to me last spring when she decided to use a vinegar bottle not rinsed out to water some plants she had still in pots.

;D   Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Offline Jen

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 12:32:09 pm »
And another thing I've learned about apple cider vinegar is that it will change the ph in your vegetable gardening soil. So, if you have gone to great lengths to keep your vege soil just the way you want it, and then kill unwanted weeds or plants close to the dirt with vinegar... something else you plant near there may not grow...
There Is Peace In The Queendom

Offline Les

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »
I don't think I would venture to use this in my veggie garden or flower beds.  Worked too hard to get them to where they are to run the risk of ruining things.  I would just use this along the fence line where the weeds like to creep through or if one tries to creep under our blacktop driveway, yikes!