Author Topic: looking at using mycorrhizal in my soil this year  (Read 4462 times)

Offline mamapoppybee

looking at using mycorrhizal in my soil this year
« on: January 13, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »
was wondering if any of you have ever used mycorrhizal befor and how you like it. my mom has a customers that swars by it and i was looking for more that one persons imput.  For those that dont know what it is here is a youtube link about it.

Offline LazyBkpr

• Gold Member
  • www.outyard.net
    • The Outyard
Re: looking at using mycorrhizal in my soil this year
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:04:42 pm »
Interesting Video!!  I'll have to look into that for my grapes.   Havent heard of it before, but now that I have it has interesting implications!
Drinking RUM before noon makes you a PIRATE not an alcoholic!

*Sponsor*

Offline mamapoppybee

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 01:14:53 pm »
this is kinda of my thinking too. stregthing the whole plant thuse decreassing the amout of pest attracked to them. Should we experiment together?

Offline Ziffa

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 09:29:40 am »
I have a friend who is a soil fanatic, and she swears by it.  She says everything about healthy and successful farming happens below the earth :).  She makes compost tea innoculated with this stuff and says it will solve lots of problems with soil and diseases.

Keep us posted on your outcomes!

love,
ziffa
"There's a spoonful of honey where your heart should be. . ." - The Wood Brothers - Honey Jar.

Offline Ladyleo191

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:21:24 am »
Hmmm...I only use fertilizer from my chickens and my neighbors cows.  Wonder if it will work okay with them instead of storebought chemicals?

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 09:57:02 am »
My understanding, and it may be wrong, is that mycorrhizal is not a fertilizer, but is more like a digestive aid. By covering the plant's roots, it helps roots absorb and convert the fertilizer into plant food within the plant's system.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline mamapoppybee

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 10:15:53 am »
idee you are correct. if you use the microrhize in conjunction with manure it aids in the plants better absorbtion of it as well as water use in dryer times. its a fungi that attaches to the roots and the plant and fungi work in symbiosis creating stronger deeper travling roots thus a stonger more dissease ristant plant.