Author Topic: Lip Balm  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Apis63

Lip Balm
« on: August 18, 2016, 09:45:53 pm »
Can anyone share a good lip balm recipe that's tried and true? I have seen so many different ones--not sure which one to pick. So, I thought I'd cut right to the chase and ask the experts! Or just any advice on making lip balm would be appreciated.

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline MarkCase

Re: Lip Balm
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:31:10 pm »
Use 1/3 beeswax, 1/3 coconut oil and 1/3 virgin olive oil.  Heat to 145 degrees F. Add your essential oil and then pour into tubes.

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 09:49:47 am »
I have found that if i use coconut oil instead of shay butter i need to add more beeswax to make it firm? If not it will almost turn to liquid while carrying it in my pocket. :yes: Should i do something else instead??? Jack

Offline riverbee

• Gold Member
  • ***Forum Sponsor***
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 12:41:39 am »
jack...........add more beeswax, or add equal amounts of coconut oil and shea butter and maybe add a little anhydrous lanolin, it won't turn to liquid or melt. 8)

coconut oil melts at 76 d fahrenheit.........so your pocket heat is probably well above that............ :D :D :D
i keep wild things in a box..........™
if you obey the rules, you miss all the fun.....katherine hepburn
Forum Sponsor

Offline lazy shooter

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 10:32:14 am »
In his day, Jack's pocket heat was greater than 75 degrees, but now he stores perishable veggies in his pocket.  :):):)

Offline brooksbeefarm

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 12:20:02 pm »
Working bees in an outyard yesterday (90+F) my pocket was way over 76F :yes: I had laid my hive tool on the tail board while stacking supers and equipment in the truck bed, when i picked it up ( no gloves) i sent it flying through the air :o That baby was HOT, spent 15 min. looking before i found it, i think the weatherman said it's been a 1/4 century since it's been this hot in Sept.?? Had to put new Swiffer's in some hives, the old ones couldn't hold anymore shb's. The yemp is supposed to be in the upper 80'sF and lower 90's F this weekend for our festival and with all the pretty women running around in summer wear ;D Well my pockets won't be no place for lip balm, BUT my wife will be next to me so i won't over heat. :laugh: :laugh: Jack
PS. To Squirt, and Lazy shooter. :P :P:D