Author Topic: oxalic sprayer  (Read 1590 times)

Offline rober

• Gold Member
oxalic sprayer
« on: April 04, 2017, 06:52:08 am »
this was sort of touched on before. i'm wondering whether this sprayer would work for oxalic acid? in most cases the acid goes into a device that heats it directly & turns into a gaseous vapor. this sprayer would require mixing it into a liquid 1st. as a liquid i'm guessing the sprayer would be putting out steam. if that's the case would this steam be too hot for the bees? my interest in this type of sprayer is that it would self contained requiring no cords or batteries.
http://static.gemplers.com/img/burgess-propane-insect-171476-lrg.jpg

Offline Perry

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
    • Brandt's Bees
Re: oxalic sprayer
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 07:15:11 am »
I'm thinking those are used more for fogging with mineral oil, I don't think it translates well to Oxalic .
"It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor."      
Forum Supporter

Offline rober

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 08:56:22 am »
I've  seen a couple of you tube videos where these are used with oxalic acid, some water, & another liquid. these were eastern European videos so they were not in English so i'm not sure of the mixture. if these could be made to work it sure  would simplify things when in rural locations & they're not too expensive.

Offline Wandering Man

• Gold Member
    • Life Lessons from dogs, bees and others
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:05:28 am »
Before I had bees, I used those for mosquito control. The first one I bough lasted a season. The second lasted a month. The third lasted a week. Then I gave up on them.

Even if you are able to adapt them for OA, I wouldn't buy one. My experience is that they are unreliable.
Never argue with drunks or crazy people