Sustainable Living > Homestead

Sometimes Opportunity DOES knock more than once

(1/3) > >>

Slowmodem:
Last Thursday morning, after I got home from working the night shift and I was sleeping, I thought I heard something around noon.  It was a knocking at the door.  They knocked again.  By the time I got up and put on my robe, they knocked again. (I am very thankful for their persistence!).  When I opened the door, it was the man that owns the property next to me.  He said, "Do you want to buy the 5 acres next to you?  I need to sell it."  I said, "Yes!"

I am going to sign the papers tomorrow afternoon.  That will give me 10 1/2 acres total.  The high voltage power lines run through the middle of our property.  I am going to bush hog the right of way under the power lines and plant lots of clover, and maybe lots of sunflowers.  There is already lots of wildflowers and a good crop of goldenrod that comes up every year.

I don't plan on building on the land or anything.  I'm mainly buying it so that nobody else will build on it and I can maintain my privacy and space.

So I'm a happy beekeeper!  :D

LazyBkpr:
NICE!!!   Grats on the awesome snag!!!

G3farms:
WOO HOO!!

4 1/2 more acres and you can become a farm and watch your land taxes drop dramatically!!

Perry:
Anytime you can grab a patch of land at a good price (especially if it's bordering property), do it
They don't make it anymore.
Congrats!

Slowmodem:

--- Quote from: G3farms on January 31, 2014, 05:28:42 am ---WOO HOO!!

4 1/2 more acres and you can become a farm and watch your land taxes drop dramatically!!

--- End quote ---

I found out he paid the taxes the other day, just to have everything taken care of.  Property taxes on 5 acres for one year:  $86.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version