Sustainable Living > Homestead

Honey pot

(1/2) > >>

Wandering Man:
3Reds bought us a honey pot a year ago. An old friend who throws pottery made it. It’s very cute and looks like something that belongs in a Winnie the Poo cartoon.

We used it once, then put it up because I worried the small cut out in the lid for the dipper might let humidity in and effect the moisture content of the honey.

We went back to the jar.

Then I decided I was being foolish and went back to the cute pot.

So, the reason I’m posting: will the honey’s antibacterial properties counteract the dead fly I found on the dipper this morning?

Lburou:
Probably.  Our ancestors ate after flys for a long time and they still made it.  you would probably make it too.  :)

Wandering Man:

--- Quote from: Lburou on October 09, 2017, 11:38:30 am ---Probably.  Our ancestors ate after flys for a long time and they still made it.  you would probably make it too.  :)

--- End quote ---

That's the same rationalization I made this morning as I ate my toast with fly-flavored honey!

Jen:
 :D :D :D Omg! That just cracked me up Wman!

We need a photo of your Winnie the pooh pot :D

I don't worry too much about fly's as long as they haven't laid any eggs on what I'm going to eat. That would be pretty gross! But I do have a fly swatter handy in my kitchen and use it regularly  ;) 8)

Wandering Man:
Here's the honey pot, Jen:

That blue object in the background is a butter crock.  A great way to keep butter soft but not melted.  No flies are able to get into the butter crock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version