Author Topic: This thief got caught  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
Re: This thief got caught
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:16:40 pm »
Bill and candy recovered the stolen bee trailer saturday in wichita
"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter

Offline apisbees

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:57:23 pm »
Good news on both accounts. But the stress and toll on the bees?
Honey Judge, Beekeeping Display Coordinator, Armstrong Fair and Rodeo.

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:26:02 am »
Riverrat, thanks for the update.  They had given up on it.  Does this mean the thieves were caught?

Offline Riverrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:52:13 am »
Riverrat, thanks for the update.  They had given up on it.  Does this mean the thieves were caught?
    It was found in a backyard of a house in wichita trailer had the tires and wheels changed out and repainted.  They had a terrible time getting the police to help with the situation.  The yard had a new privacy fence built and a gate large enough to get trailers in and out.  Once they convinced the police it was their trailer and the guy wouldnt give up on it being his. The police decided to obtain a search warrant at that point the guy told them to take the trailer.  Im sure there was more stolen property he didnt want discovered.  As far as I know they have not arrested anyone and one other know suspect is out of Newton.  None of the bee equipment was recovered. I highly doubt it goes any farther than it has now.  Police down this way are corrupt.  Most time people are not charged.  We had a theft down this way a couple years ago and I ended up with a stolen cub tractor that broke the case.  They never came and got the tractor I asked if charges would be filed they told me "Why its all good everyone got their property back"  this case included a classic car tractor and other items some that was scrapped through a local scrap yard.  one being a set of grain elevator truck scales that belonged to a farm who had them from his great granddads elevator that was torn down

"no man ever stood so tall as one that  stoops to help a child"

Forum Supporter