Sustainable Living > Farm Livestock

Baby Goats Anyone?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Bakersdozen:
Yes!  I need some goats.

The15thMember:
Both does were rebred recently.  Maybe we can set you up with a couple.  ;)

The15thMember:
Here's this year's first batch of baby goats!  Our black doe Bella had four kids last evening, 3 boys and 1 girl!  My sister went out to check on her around suppertime last night, and she was showing signs of pre-labor, so my sister came back into the house to get her kidding supplies, which only took a couple of minutes, and by the time she got back, two kids were already out!  Two more followed within a half hour.

neillsayers:
Nice looking babies!

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: neillsayers on April 19, 2022, 11:26:34 pm ---Nice looking babies!

--- End quote ---
Thanks!  Two of them just went to their forever home on Monday.  Their new owners named them Priscilla and Gideon. 

The other two boys, Zeb and Joseph, will stay and get big and then go to freezer camp in the fall. 

Our other doe, Prim, had 3 girls, who are waiting to go to their new home in Ohio. 

The doelings' future owners told us an amazing story when they came to see the babies about a month ago.  Their 14 year old daughter had a doe named Daisy who was her favorite.  Daisy was a show winner and had a great personality, and they sent Daisy to another farm to be bred to a particular buck.  The people at this farm didn't transition her onto their food slowly enough, and she died while she was there.  Apparently, the doeling in the last picture, who we call Mikaela, looks exactly like Daisy, so they bought her and the black doeling, Carol, for their daughter, and the brown doeling, Luthien, was purchased by the daughter's grandmother.  They'll be picking them up some time around Memorial Day.         

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version