Beekeeping > Bee News

Bee's Wrap

(1/4) > >>

Bakersdozen:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/cnn-underscored/bees-wrap-reusable-food-storage/index.html?iid=CNNUnderscoredHPcontainer

Bee's Wrap started finding a new market in the last couple of years.  A beekeeping friend, who has done Farmer's Markets for 20 years, has started producing these in the last year.  She says that are gaining popularity.

The15thMember:
I have thought about making some of these, and I probably will at some point.  I think they have their uses, but the problem I have is they can't fully replace plastic wrap because they are not microwaveable. 

Bakersdozen:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on September 21, 2021, 06:21:59 pm ---I have thought about making some of these, and I probably will at some point.  I think they have their uses, but the problem I have is they can't fully replace plastic wrap because they are not microwaveable.

--- End quote ---

I'm curious, 15th Member, is the plastic wrap to keep food from splattering in the microwave?  I don't know that I could ever totally give up on plastic wrap even though I remember a time before we had it.  I am working very hard on not bringing home plastic shopping bags.  :)

The15thMember:

--- Quote from: Bakersdozen on September 22, 2021, 09:47:22 am ---I'm curious, 15th Member, is the plastic wrap to keep food from splattering in the microwave? 

--- End quote ---
Yes, that's right.  My mom has spent too many afternoons scrubbing the microwave to let anyone slack off on covering things in the microwave anymore.  ;)

--- Quote from: Bakersdozen on September 22, 2021, 09:47:22 am ---I am working very hard on not bringing home plastic shopping bags.  :)

--- End quote ---
There's another thing.  I also wish we could eliminate plastic bags for the environment's sake, but we use them for all sorts of stuff, kitty litter, as trash bags for tiny trash cans, cleaning up especially messy situations.  I wish someone would invent a better single use biodegradable grocery bag, so that I could reuse them with a cleaner conscience.  :) 

Bakersdozen:
I bought a microwave food dome at Menard's (big home improvement store) about 4 years ago.  I think it was $5. Of all the other efforts to get my husband to use something in the microwave, this he will use. 
Those darned plastic shopping bags fit my bathroom trash cans perfectly.  A beekeeping friend operates a booth at the farmers market and I believe her bags are compostable or breakdown.  I sure they are more expensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version