Author Topic: Packaged bees and the bee bus  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Bakersdozen

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
Packaged bees and the bee bus
« on: April 03, 2022, 11:07:39 am »
Has anyone else had experience with the new packaging used to deliver package bees?  It's called a Bee Bus.  They are white plastic and I really like them.  A friend who supplies packages in our area called me to say he had extra packages and did I want some.  I took one.  I don't know if it was the packaging or the source of the bees, but there were only about 10 dead bees in there, the can of food came out so easy, and the queen rides in a special little cubby hole where the bees can reach her and the beekeeper can remove her without disturbing the cluster.  There are spacers built into the box so spacing in between boxes is provided.  No more sawing strips of lath to remove a single box. They are so easy and recyclable.
Here is a link to the manufacturer. https://bee-pros.com/beeBus.html

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
Re: Packaged bees and the bee bus
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 04:12:28 pm »
Yep. We have been using them for 4 or 5 years now. They work really nice.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein

Offline Zweefer

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 12:38:26 pm »
I too have been getting my packages this way for a while.. the only complaint I have is sometimes they are a pain to slide apart (ours are attached together in groups of 4 or 5…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.
Henry David Thoreau

Offline iddee

• Administrator
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 01:14:54 pm »
You may get them this year in the old style screen boxes. We did. They said the buses are made in china and aren't available this year.
“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
― Shel Silverstein