Sustainable Living > Homestead

Shopping Local

(1/2) > >>

The15thMember:
We went to a local orchard today and got a bunch of local produce.  We got 1 peck of Honey Crisp apples, 1 dozen ears of corn, a quart of blackberries, some apple butter, and nestled amongst the local honey we found some sorghum!  We've been looking for some to try, since it's a southern mountain classic.  Does anyone here have experience with sorghum?   

iddee:
I grew up eating molasses and butter, mixed and spread on hot biscuits. I don't know if all molasses was sorghum or not, but I remember much of it was.

:o  Three moles going along a tunnel. The first says, "I smell honey." The second one says "I smell jelly." The third one says, "I smell molasses."  :cry: :laugh:

Bakersdozen:
I grew up on sorghum and molasses too.  My dad was the big fan of sorghum, honey, and molasses on biscuits.  Sorghum contains antioxidants and fiber, so it's a healthy food choice.  As I recall, sorghum is a lot thicker and richer than molasses.

The15thMember:
Let the experimentation commence! 8)

.30WCF:

--- Quote from: The15thMember on September 09, 2022, 11:24:00 am ---Let the experimentation commence! 8)

--- End quote ---
Well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version