Beekeeping > Swarms, Cut Outs, Trap Outs and Bee Trees

My first cutout with a bee vac

<< < (2/2)

Wandering Man:

--- Quote from: LazyBkpr on May 04, 2021, 08:49:39 pm ---"Pretty Good" means the box is almost square and can be used if looks and stability aren't an issue.

LOL!!!!     I remember my wife asking me to make a grain box to store the sweet feed for the horses....   That thing weighed six hundred pounds, and used three hundred dollars worth of lumber....   three hundred dollars of lumber 30+ years ago...    WISH I had that grain box today!! I could trade it in for a NICE corvette!

--- End quote ---

:D

I tend to overbuild too.

rober:
the bee vac i built is very similar to robo's. it has 2" top section & it sits on a hive body with a screen between them to keep bees out of the vac. then there's the 2" bottom section. there's foam weather stripping between the sections. the vacuum hose goes into the top. the bee sucking hose attaches to the bottom box. there's a second hole that has a rotating wooden cover. rotating the cover adjust the suction power. i'm a retired union carpenter with OCD tendencies so everything is a good fit. the vac works well. problem is though that it's cumbersome. if the job is elevated i've had to rig a scaffold board between 2 stepladders & still use miles of hose. then i was given an All My Bees Vacuum. the motor is rechargeable & has removeable back pack straps. not requiring a power source is a huge plus. it's not perfect but it does do a good job. the power switch is variable speed for suction control. it is pricey. at $380.00 you have to be pretty serious about doing cutouts. i have a pinched nerve giving me issues in my hip so i'm not doing any cutouts this year but i am doing swarms. i did use this for a swarm that was on a tree trunk. if you've ever run into this you know how vacuum can help.
https://www.allmybees.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version